I want to send fpv live feed video to phones.

Hello,

I am wondering if I could send fpv live feed video to smartphones, if that is at all possible. Or if its possible to have the main ground station able to send video signals and spread it to phones. I am just wondering if that is possible. Thanks for reading.

-Nelson        

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• hey brian, can the gopro transmit to a computer? only latest version has live feed? (or a picture every hald a second which for vision will be like live feed)

• I have done this with a small smartphone as the TX (Samsung Galaxy S) and started a feed using Tango to a ROOM.  The latency is an issue, but the technology is there.  I was showing a friend in Michigan what FPV looks like, and I was flying in Kansas.  He was impressed and immediately went out to buy a Quadcopter.

• Just throwing this out there...

Perhaps using an iPhone as a cam.. a second iPhone as a display.. and Facetime? HD video? 

• I believe the latest version of the GoPro cameras can transmit, via wifi, to smart phones.

I'll echo Michael - good luck and let us know what you end up with.

• In one of the classes that I took at UND we built a telemaster with a goal of having a live video stream being relayed to first responders via smart phone or tablet. 

Here is what we did. (Free)

First; Your computer will need a internet connection. This can be acheived by creating a hotspot with a smart phone, being in range of a wifi network, or some other method.

Second; create a USTREAM account. (This is a website that allows you to broadcast any video feed live.) 

Third; Broadcast, the faster the connection the better quality and or speed will be on the people using the smart phones.

So basically if your computer gets a video feed you can stream it to anyone via the internet.

Good luck! If let us know how things turn out!

Email me at michael.klarenbeek@gmail.com if you have questions.

• Yes, this is possible but it depends on the budget and/or schedule among other things. There are commercial solutions like this that create their own Wi-Fi network and encode the video to H.264.

http://www.teradek.com/pages/cube

If the budget is smaller than that the same thing could be created with a small computer and commodity hardware (though it would be a lot less elegant). Also the radio would need to be something other than the common 2.4 GHz band since the Wi-Fi network would be on the same frequency. There are UHF alternatives like DragonLink and OpenLRS or just an older radio could be used that is FM.

Another option would be with off the shelf FPV equipment or higher end 5 GHz video transmitters and then deal with the streaming and H.264 encoding on the ground instead of on the aircraft.

This reply was deleted.

Activity