hey everyone, took my skyfun out today and i have lost it, its gone (flicked to auto and it just said F you im outta here haha). searched for it for 2 hours this afternoon and no sign of it.

so.........im not giving up im buying a new APM and im going to be adding telemetry to this one in the hope that if this happens again i will be able to recover it (i should have just done it in the first place).

My only query is does the DIY drones telemetry kit come with everything needed or will i need further hardware? Second issue im from AUS and our mobile network runs on 900mhz in the outback. will this be a huge problem??

Im so devastated with the loss....but these things happen.

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Wow that really sucks. Any ideas what happened?  Was this your first attempt or has it been working before? If it is a proven setup, was it just trimmed well and it kept going after a power failure ? Couldn't you have switched to back to manual and at least shut the motor down, receiver failsafe settings, ect. ??? 

I don't mean to be a pain or judgmental or anything, but others will be interested in trying to figure out what went wrong as would you.

•   Hey Bud I feel ya man.  I to have lost a plane and radio gear before.  It really sux.  I usally put a water prof info card with my contact info inside and one on the bottom side of the wing.  If i ever loose another drone, I hope somebody will call.  It worked for my dad.

• First mission for your next one; you should have a camera pointing down, and setup a search pattern over your crafts known last postion and heading...
    They are normally closer than you think.....

Good luck
  • You might want to check the version being sold in the store are the C-Tick approved variety. Once you get them, change the firmware to the International version using the XCTU software (get it from the digi.com website). The International firmware apparently  limits the Xbee frequency usage to the allocated frequency range in Australia. Using the standard firmware will allow the Xbee to also operate in one of the mobile phone frequency allocations and potentially leading to ACMA being upset with you. I remember seeing somewhere on the digi.com website the list of C-Tick approved devices but can't give you a URL. Warren
  • Telemetry would indeed help you out with tracking the misbehaving roving robot. Sorry to here about it leaving you but if you are quick you could attach a camera to your next one and take pictures to search for it.

Im quite shocked it did return once out of RC range or once the mission was complete though.

This reply was deleted.

Activity