Hi all !
I need help about my MinimOSD freshly unpacked.
I've triple checked the cabling and I don't know why I've just a black image on my screen.
There is a suspicious comportement when I power on the system. I explain how it happens:
1. Connect correctly the Vin/Vout/RX/BLK between APM, MinimOSD and video transmitter
2. Power on the APM
3. Connect the battery balance connector 12V to the MinimOSD
At point 2, the ST led (orange) blink and the D PWR (red) led power on and still.
When I do the point 3, the ST led shut off and the A PWR led power on and still.
After that, I just have a black screen... It's weird because the system worked at least once!
The firmware is up to date and I use a XBee but I've not connected the TX port on the minimOSD.
What's wrong ? Someone can help me ?
Thanks in advance ;-)
Jerome
Replies
Mine is also showing black screen only.
If bypassed all is good.
From the start i used two bats. One for APM and one for VTx Cam and OSD.
Do i need to connect two GNDs together for it to work???
Hi,
As many of you, I already fried two minim boards (using a single Lipo)...
However I could repair it by replacing the max7456 chip (available as free sample on Maxim website).
It is quite straightforward to do, but I posted some details here:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1883842#post24876545
Hope this helps !
Cold you please tell me what your final configuration was , and if your chip is not heating up now?,
Thanks
Hmm I don't know what happened to my earlier message so here goes again, I hope that it will come trough fully now.
MinimOSD has two power areas, one digital and one analog. Digital area is normally powered directly from APM and with +5V (4 pin telemetry cable). Analog side can be powered from battery directly. If your board have switching regulator, you can power it from 2-6S LiPos easily. If you don't have switching regulator then maximum power is around 3S LiPo.
jDrones miniOSD's have always been having switching regulator. Goodluckbuy etc do not have as they are using old design.
How to know if you have or not have switching regulator. Look top right corner of your OSD on above of Video IN/OUT pins, if you only have one small IC there and a lot of space around it.. You don't have switching regulator, but if you have a lot of components and especially one square components with white sticker on it, Yes in this case you do have switching regulator and you are free to use 2-6S LiPo's
Using one power source only, there are small solder jumpers on board that can connect analog and digital areas together and this way use only one power source. One jumper is on Bottom of the PCB (around middle, on jDrones board it is just above letters "ro") and another jumper is on Top side of the PCB between those small resistors/capasitors under square MAX7456 Video IC.
IF you connect these two jumpers, then you only need to provide one power source from Video PINs area. Also if you connect these jumpers, do NOT connect +5V from APM. I say NOT just in case, nothing bad will happen but if you have another switching regulator powering APM you might have power conflicts and that can cause crashes.
Reason to have two sources is that some systems don't like that we mix analog and digital power sources together,
We 2S users, don't worry we use a lot of 2S LiPos to power up our OSDs while doing testing and other things, only bottom silk says +12 on Video PINs area.
Does anyone know if I could do the same thing with the dc-dc buck converter. The castles are really overpriced in comparison!
Do you use the same battery for video and APM ?
Sadly I blow out two minimOSD, first one by don't knowing it, second one just accidently. If you use common ground on video and data input (and by using one battery you definitely do that) your minimOSD is dead.
There must be huge red letters in minimOSD wiki not to do this which can looks like normal thing like common ground.
Now I just want to know what exactly blows out, maybe diydrones can give some helpfull hand. I changed max chip, but still no picture, atmega works fine.
-
1
-
2
of 2 Next