MinimOSD flickering and blackout

Hi, I have APM 2.5 and MinimOSD 0.1. I'm getting intermittent flickering and black screens. I'm running the latest MinimOSD Extra code/fonts and have tried older versions. I have also powered the osd by APM and filtered 12v, both have the same issue. I'm using a PZ0420 cam which is 650 lines NTSC. I tried a cam with lower resolution (520 lines) and got the same results. If I bypass the osd the video is fine. Tried running the osd and video on a separate battery, same results. Any clue how I can resolve this? Here is a sample video of what I'm talking about https://vimeo.com/57298096

Thanks!
Pete

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• i just resolved my flickering OSD by adding Capacitor unit like Seckin do.

i use 1000uF 25v caps. it takes some time for minimOSD to power up and showing the overlay screen, i think it was due to large capacitor size unit that need to be charged then only it become secondary power bank buffer.

• You just need to do is solder an condansator on minim OSD supply side. Just see in the picture. This is my solution. 

The reason of the problem is wave and intermittent on OSD supply when you give throttle.3702138716?profile=original

• I have experienced the flickering and blackout also.

Seemed to happen regardless of weather I fed 5v or 12v to the analogue side of the osd. My configuration was as follows:

Rctimer apm 2.5
    Rctimer minimosd v1.0
    DIY 5.8Ghz
    808 #26 (bypassing osd, as it is self powered)

The problem was not constant, and could generally be cleared with a reset. No idea what is causing it. I twould be good to know if anyone has traced the cause.
  • I have minimOSD 1.1 and updated to to minimosd-extra 2.2. Now my video flickers like so:

http://youtu.be/cVkAHCNWY-0

can anyone help me or guide me in any direction?

I tried the beta 2.3, even going back to 2.0. Each time i updated the Charset as well. very frustrating!

thanks in advanced

• I have similar problem

I have fat shark 100mv and 250mW video transmitters. I set the connections as shown in http://code.google.com/p/arducam-osd/wiki/Specific_Hardware_Diagrams

The OSD is working fine with the 100mw transmitter and I can see all the telemetry OK.

Unfortunately, when I am using the 250mW transmitter, the OSD is blinking and flickering non-uniformly, randomly on a clear picture from the camera and then disappear. Does anyone have an Idea how to solve this issue?

Thanks

Avi

• I found that just powering the v0.1 minimOSD from the +5v feed from the APM, and not connecting the +12v lines at all has helped the OSD to behave more reliably, since the weak voltage regulator isn't being overheated. I had a genuine 3DR one that became unreliable and stopped working, and am now using a clone using the above setup.

• Hey did you ever fix this? The exact same thing is happening to me also
  • Bueller?.....Bueller? Just kidding! Did I leave out any information? Perhaps I got a bad one. FYI, this is a 0.1 clone and I thought of buying the official new one from 3D but from what I hear its the same thing with a better voltage regulator. If that's the case I suspect I will have the same issue. It does not appear to be rebooting. Seriously nobody has a clue?

Thanks!
    Pete

This reply was deleted.

Activity