MinimOSD - no OSD overlay visible

Hi forum,

My Setup:

I'm using a MinimOSD V1.1 with an APM V1 on an Arducopter-Hexa frame  -- Video signal comes from a 600TVL ccd camera, goes through the MinimOSD and ends in an Immersonic transmitter.

First stage power comes from APM telemetry port... seconds stage is an 3 cell lipo which powers the camera as well. Therefore the standard simple setup from the wiki page.

I've flashed the MinimOSD to the newest FW and Charset from the wiki page. FTDI worked well. I can change the overlay setup... and reload it from the OSD. Therefore basic processor-functionality must be working... 

My problem:

I have video from the camera... but I have no OSD overlay on that video.

Video is only visible, if first stage as well as second stage are powered. Therefore the video goes through the Minim and is processed (somehow) - but without any changes.

Both power LEDs on the MinimOSD are lighting. The small ST LED glows flashing.

If I push the reset button, the pictures blacks out for a splitsecond and than video is back.

What is wrong with my MinimOSD?

Some remarks...

The wiki for the MinimOSD is -- well... skinny.

I've read in this forum about a "boot splash-screen"... but I haven't seen any by myself. And the wiki doesn't tell anything about that... no word and no picture.

I miss a description in the wiki which tells, what one should see ("splash screen", LED flashing, etc) if everything goes right... or wrong.

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Having the same problem, I will try and document a fix...

• The same , impossible to do anything with the OSD , and now when I tried to come back to the 2.0 , see what's append :(

3702534596?profile=original

• same problem... did you find a fix?

• Hi Folks, I have had  the same problem, during the fligh OSD shut off, both red led and yellow blinking led are working but no OSD data is on the screen. The only way to see OSD data again is pressing the reset botton.

Could somebody let us know what we can do or check.

Thank in advance.

• Hi,

I had the same problem with my remzibi OSD 3dr. Check in the Config Tool: View->Video Mode and set it to NTSC or PAL. Thats all.

• No yet...

For now, I let out the FPV thing and will return to this in my holidays next months.

When I remember it right... the setup worked without an error... but... the manual is so thin, that I wouldn't know how an error message would look like ;-)
  • did you figure out what the issue was?  did you find a solution?

i am having the same problem and additionally I noticed I cannot update the CharSet in minimOSD config tool.

I can upload firmware and save to it but I get the following error when i go to options>update charset:

"error entering font mode - no data"

Its seems that the charset has been wiped out of the OSD so it is working but there is nothing to display...

please let me know if you have any new insight.

Thanks,

Brenden

This reply was deleted.

Activity