Hello. I have an APM 2.5 with MinimOSD. I can get my MinimOSD to function properly if my camera is unplugged. However, as soon as my camera is plugged in, I get great video, but no OSD text overlay. If I unplug my camera, me text comes back (with a grey screen behind it).

I've checked my cabling and everything appears in order.

I've reinstalled my firmware 2.0 and OSD Extra 2.1. I've also updated my character set. When the camera is off the OSD is functioning perfectly (no fuzzy or malformed text). It's like the OSD will transmit either the text or the video, but it won't overlay the text over the video.

I've also tried powering up the OSD is every possible order I can think of.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Thomas

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hmm, I have this same issue with another imu based osd, bought it a couple of years back but never used because I could never solve the issue, and the vendor would not take the unit back as they claim to have tested it to work fine before shipping it.
    I suspect that some cameras output is too powerful somehow and this causes the problems, but thats just a gutfeel hunch.
  • Before you switch cameras, try twisting the wires going from the camera to the osd. I had the same problem and it fixed mine!

• I am glad I am not the only person with this issue :-) I've tried NTSC and PAL to see if that makes a difference and it doesn't. I am going to try a different video source to see if that changes anything - but I need to make up another video cable to try it.

What version is the latest Beta. I think I already have it loaded and it has the same problem.

• Update to the latest beta. You must be using a high res camera.
This reply was deleted.

Activity