new APM flavor released: APM Mini Pro

I just noticed this at the Chinese on-line retailer, ThanksBuyer.com

sku-38006-0-600x600.jpg

They are pricing the bundled versions attractively.  Obviously made to compete against the APM micro 3.1

Flight controller

FC bundled with power supply

FC, power supply, GPS unit

If anyone makes the leap, perhaps you could keep us informed on your experiences.

Happy flying all!!

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• all working great. now to finish my hex so I can see how it flys =)

• ok got it working. it would help if i plugged thme in correctly..... sitting at my bench inside the garage, this gps has pinpointed my location. kind of scary how acurate it is

• I don't know if this is the right place, to ask but its just a simple question, Just got my copy in the mail today, I know where the GPS connets to the controller, but what about the compass (blue and white wire)?

• With 5v power I went flying for 10 minutes, but it's a risk..
  • Hello
    It's not broken..
    Simply it doesn't give enough power.. I have another one and asap I'll try with that
    Otherwise a bec with attopilot to measure V and A
  • Update
    Installed on my diy tricopter it flies really nice!!
    All works fine, every calibration and setup was easy as pie.
    Just one problem..
    The power module, take care of it!
    It produces 5,0V on the output VCC (usually it shold be 5,3V) and so apm has only 4,6V-4,2V in its circuits.
    This could result in a brownout/reboot..
    bye
    • Thanks Pietro for the update.

So how you manage to power the board using the broken PM? or change with brand new one?

• Hello Brian
    today I made another test that is the JP1 presence/absence.
    I think it is present on the board because I connected a UBEC to one of the OUT channel without Power module connected and the board started also with RX powered trough input1...
    I think all positive rails are connected!
    So be careful not to use bec from esc together with Power module/usb... May be you get a fried board..
    Mine is on the frame, please as yours come take a look inside to see if there is any JP1 pad to be splitted/soldered..
    Bye
  • ok right now everything works
    I installed a Crius ublox neo 7M with mag onboard, All Ok
    3Dr radio clone ok
    Power module OK
    Frsky D4R-II in cppm mode (signal 3 and 4 with jumper). Just connect channel one to Input one on APM and bridge in2 and in3 with a jumper that comes with D4R-II.
    I made the radio calibration ok.
    Just one think I don't know.. Is JP1 installed on this board or not?
    I am setting a tricopter. I think I'll connect the signal of the yaw servo to the apm (out 7) and I'll power it using a UBEC...
    My three ESC are ZTW OPTO so all wires will be connected to outputs.
    ciao
    • Thanks for the updates! Mine is in the process of clearing customs and should be here within the week. I'm looking forward to getting it into the quad and getting back in the air now that the good flying weather is here.

This reply was deleted.

Activity