new APM flavor released: APM Mini Pro

I just noticed this at the Chinese on-line retailer, ThanksBuyer.com

sku-38006-0-600x600.jpg

They are pricing the bundled versions attractively.  Obviously made to compete against the APM micro 3.1

Flight controller

FC bundled with power supply

FC, power supply, GPS unit

If anyone makes the leap, perhaps you could keep us informed on your experiences.

Happy flying all!!

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• That's what I did first but none of that helped. I went to the parameter settings and found where stick input channels can be assigned. I'm still learning the apm setups, a bit different than cc3d.
  • You need to change the stick mode on your transmitter to mode 4. Go into full param list in cofig an click MOT and change arming speed to 0. It is the first param under MOT setting. It should be default 70. Hope that helps.
  • keep digging up this thread.......so I got power issues figured out, now when I try to calibrate my tx, things get a little weird. I fly mode 2, but what its doing is calling the channels the wrong thing and I have no idea on how to cahnge that.....also can't find any info on what the indicator lights mean, and the copter wiki isnt helping out much.

• I think it's useless..
      Usually GPS modules have their own leds and if you set prearming check your apm won't arm if it is not in 3d fix below 3m hdop
      When it arms motor start to spin slowly, so...
    • nvm....figured it out in the parameter settings.... now for the blinky lights.... meanings? copter wiki doesnt seem to help

• I never tried to figure them out. I just got one of these and it made it simple: HK external LED module

• Blinking Red = Disarmed
        • Blinking Blue = No GPS Lock
        • Solid Red = Armed
        • Solid Blue = GPS 3D Lock

In the absence of telemetry, it's all you really need to know and you can put it where it's easy to see.

• That looks a lot easier... Thanks

• I don't look at them :-)

Just power, connect mission planner or 3DR tower on my smartphone to control everithing is ok and then go fly!

I use them just to control some things like the "autotrim" mode enabling.

If you pull the yaw right and throttle down for 15 seconds more or less (your case is left stick down/right like my one) you can see the front led blinking fast.

That is autotrim function enabled

http://copter.ardupilot.com/wiki/autotrim/

Bye

• If I remember well they go near the GPS, i2c slot. Try the 2 different combinations (like tx/rx and rx/tx)
    • Ok and to see if the mag is working just use a magnet and move it around the GPS. Look at the HUD in Mission Planner to see if your heading changes
This reply was deleted.

Activity