new APM flavor released: APM Mini Pro

I just noticed this at the Chinese on-line retailer, ThanksBuyer.com

sku-38006-0-600x600.jpg

They are pricing the bundled versions attractively.  Obviously made to compete against the APM micro 3.1

Flight controller

FC bundled with power supply

FC, power supply, GPS unit

If anyone makes the leap, perhaps you could keep us informed on your experiences.

Happy flying all!!

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• So I Tried starting with just the radio plugged in and no osd.  The radio had the solid green light on but would not connect to MP. I then tried only the osd plugged in and it worked and show the relevant items on the screen.  So knowing that the port is working, I tried a different radio that I had instead of the one that came in the apm package and it worked. I was able to connect to MP through the radios.  So I made the y cable and everything is working like it should.  What confused me at first is looking at the attached image from the thanks buyer manual, is that it shows the osd plugged into the UART0 port instead of using a cable to the telemetry port.  thanks for all the help guys I appreciate it.

apm osd.png

• Also both radios show up properly in the mission planner sik radio page. They are both configured the same and have the same net Id.
    • The OSD and radio plug into the same port directly above the GPS and compass ports. Just make sure your ground goes to the far middle then positive Rx, Tx. I'll add a pic. If having trouble getting communication and you have drivers installed, showing on MPlanner then swap a Tx to Rx on the APM pro. And as Ronald said use a y cable.
      • You shouldn't no. I just made up a y harness for an old APM pro I had earlier loaded a quadcopter onto and at first the green lights came on which I then went to the DuPont plug swapped the yellow and green cable around, Tx Rx, and wallah, pushed connect and it connected. So give that a go, it sounds like that's your issue because the radios are already powering up and they will show up on mp. Just try that and message back.
    • Start with just the telemetry radio. Plug the dupont connector into the Mini APM Pro telemetry port. A green light should stay on when it connects to the ground radio, and a red light should start blinking when it connects to the flight controller. If this does not work, send me a photo. Mini APM Pro kits come with a variety of types of telemetry radios. Some work better than others. It the telemetry radio works, you will need to use a Y cable to connect the OSD into the same port. There is only one telemetry port on the Mini APM Pro.

• is there something I need to do to enable the apm to send the telemetry data.  The radios solid green light come on and the both connect under the sik radio tab, but mission planner won't connect to the apm through the radios.

• I purchased one of the APM Mini pro's.  I am trying to connect the osd and sik radio to it but based on the images I've seen, it seems there is a discrepancy about where you connect the OSD,  I've seen it being shown connected to the UART0 port and one showing it connected to the Telemetry port.  Can someone confirm where to connect these two items.  thanks 

• I've plugged the radio into the telemetry port and I've plugged the osd into the uart0 port. But neither radio or the osd work. The radio shows a solid green light when on and the radio plugged into the computer show solid green as well. The radios will not form a connection for mission planner or Tower to work. The osd just shows "no mav data" on the screen. What do you mean by plug the multiplex into the osd? Thanks
      • Here's the pin config.

image.png

https://storage.ning.com/topology/rest/1.0/file/get/3702742778?profile=original
    • The APM Mini Pro is similar to an APM 2.6. You connect the sik radio to the telemetry port and multiplex into the OSD. 

This reply was deleted.

Activity