new APM flavor released: APM Mini Pro

I just noticed this at the Chinese on-line retailer, ThanksBuyer.com

sku-38006-0-600x600.jpg

They are pricing the bundled versions attractively.  Obviously made to compete against the APM micro 3.1

Flight controller

FC bundled with power supply

FC, power supply, GPS unit

If anyone makes the leap, perhaps you could keep us informed on your experiences.

Happy flying all!!

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hi Nischal,

You might want to sign up for the DaVinci Challenge Build a Drone Workshop with Kashmir World Foundation. There are many things you are going to need to learn. For now, look in the box that came with your Mini APM Pro. You should find two cables that have three wires on one side and three, one wire connectors on the other. If you are having trouble finding the cables, search www.thanksbuyer.com for Mini APM Pro and take a close look at the cables that come with the flight controller. On the RC receiver, each output has three pins. The top pin is for signals, middle is for voltage, and bottom is for ground. All the voltage (middle) pins are common and all the ground (bottom) pins are common. So you only need to connect one of the voltage pins from the RC receiver to the Mini APM Pro and one of the ground pins from the RC receiver to the Mini APM Pro. The top pins are signals, so these need to be connected to the signals pins on the APM Pro. 

• Thank you very much for making it clear for me. Now i hope ill be able to get my quad to fly.
  • So no solutions?..
    When I upgrade Rover firmwware my GPS works and I got a compass heading... I can not calibrate it but I got GPS lock and a compass haeding?.. What I have to do?..

• Like I tried to say earlier Luke, the min APM pro does not do a compass calibration. It is an onboard compass which does not allow a calibration. If anyone has found a way around this factory setting it'd be good to know but they won't allow any kind of calibration in standard form. So you just load your firmware and set up your parameters etc. make sure the wiring is correct and that's all. There has been a lot of confusion with this controller because of this but they normally work just fine when you get GPS lock. I have two and the onboard compass works just fine without calibration.
      • Your RTL and GPS features works well?.. With your APM Pro?.. Where did you buy it?..

• Yes my RTL works. I haven't flown them in a while but they worked great when they were working last. I bought them from an Australian eBay member.
  • SCL : grey, SDA : yellow from the GPS

• I will try with another computer and a handled compass... Here the pic of my APM I do not all wiring due to the compass problem I dont want to go more further... But if I dont calibrate the compass I can not have a RTL or FailSafe?...

(Sorry I dont know if my english is good)

IMG_20160508_190958.jpg

IMG_20160508_191035.jpg

• Hi everyboady can you help me please?.. I got a APM Pro clone and a BN880GPS but I got a bad compass health and i cant calibrate it.. When I disable MAG, bad compass health disapears but I still got a Compass1 99 error and no calibtration and weirdly I can see on the panel my heading moving... Even when I disable all compass parameters.. I think this APM based on APM 2.6 has a mag in but to use a external compass you might disable something on the board or do something I think.. I tried all that I found and spent a lot of time on the web to find solution but no way... Test the SCL, SDA wires has a 3.2v with GND... Here is my APM Pro

IMG_20160507_173028.jpg

IMG_20160507_173048_1.jpg

• Hi Luke,

With a Mini APM Pro there is no need to disable the internal compass or take any other action than simply connecting and calibrating the compass. It is possibly that your external compass (in your GPS housing) requires a 180 degree roll or some other position adjustment. Point your aircraft North and observe (in Mission Planner or other GCS) that the bearing reads 0 degrees. Not rotate (yaw) your aircraft about 15 degrees East. Observe that your bearing also reads about 15 degrees North East. If it reads North West, then you need to change the roll to 180 degrees under compass calibration.

Ron

This reply was deleted.

Activity