New RTK GPS on Indiegogo

Reach: first affordable RTK GPS receiver

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/reach-first-affordable-rtk-gps-receiver

Reach is for applications when your standard GPS with several meters accuracy just won’t cut it. It relies on RTK (real-time kinematics) technology to deliver centimeter level accuracy.

RTK was here for a long time, used mostly by surveyors and unaffordable to hobbyists and makers. If you needed centimeter precise positioning you had to spend thousands of dollars on an RTK system. With Reach we want to change that.

Reach runs open-source RTK processing software called RTKLIB written by Tomoji Takasu. Previously a computer was required to run RTKLIB, but now all RTKLIB features are available directly on Reach.

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I'm just interested in GCP's ) Ground Control Points. I have the unit and was a backer. How do I power the unit? Can I connect power through Android phone? Is it just a BlueTooth connection once powered? Is there initial setup before use? e.g. connect to laptop, run program etc...

• Has anybody got their Piksi system to work yet with .16?

• Congrats!!! yes, a low cost RTK it's going to expand as water, It's not only usefull to UAV's , for agriculture It's very usefull specially in countries where public services, don't exist, bad 3g signal in rural areas, etc.

What the difference between yours and Piski?

• This is excellent! Congratulations on reaching your goal so quickly.

If it has been addressed my apologies but I could not find any info on initialization fix times.

Also I would be using a survey grade GPS base station 450-475MHz for example. Would I be able to see and connect to the base on the app that is being developed?

Thanks!!

• If you can connect compatible 450-475 MHz radio to serial port on Reach then you would be able to use RTCM data from it.

• Guys, thank you all, we have reached the goal in just 3 days. This shows how needed a low-cost RTK system is, we will do our best to deliver great user experience.

• Do you follow discussion here?

http://diydrones.com/forum/topics/gps-issues-do-i-need-a-gps-ground...

• How do you plan to connect everything together(Pixhawk,groundstation,basestation,Bluetooth,433/915Mhz radio,videolink,wi-fi...)at same time without all kind of EMI interference. Can you please make a diagram so we can get idea?

thank you  

This reply was deleted.

Activity