"No dataflash card inserted" notice on APM 2.5

Just got my first ardupilot (APM 2.5) :)

I've put it to work in my trusty HawkSky and the first test flights were very promising!

Stabilize, FBA and RTL worked flawless out of the box.

IMG_20121119_204423.jpg?width=500

Everything is working except the dataflash.

When I open the console, I get this message:

3No dataflash card insertedC?

Did I miss something (settings, jumper)?

Also, is it normal that the throttle goes to ~30% when in terminal mode?

3690973622?profile=original

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hi! i have the same problem with a brand new arducopter that i ordered with ardupilot 2.7 Has anybody solve it?

• Did you ever get a resolution to this problem? I have the exact same issue 'No dataflash' and I get a hang at trying to view logs. Do I have faulty hardware? It worked when I first received it and after a firmware update. I started to calibrate the radio at some point and noticed the horizon was static and that's when I realized it was not functioning as it had when I first got it. That is why I thought it was a software error and I have tried resets and loads of firmware versions but I still get this problem.

• I red that actual SD Cards are not supported, only the dataflash card that came with the APM does work..
  • I have an APM 2.0 I have just installes 16GB MSD

3692680176?profile=original

and I got the following message.

3692680407?profile=original

Could Please let me know if I am doing something wrong.

Thank a lot, Leopoldo

• check the data flash chip on the APM 2.5 board to see if the legs are soldered in place or broken or improperly seated. 

• I have a similar problem in the ArduCopter 2.9 

Plus, this does not initialize sensors, and does not respond to the transmitter

• Developer

hmm..that's not good.  On an APM 2.5 the dataflash is built in so you should never see that message.  Can you try entering "logs" and "erase"?

This reply was deleted.

Activity