Replies

• I'm still trying to track down some sensible PIDs for a pixhawk on an s900. I'm sure the s1000 ones would be close enough if you could post them?

• Have you tried autotune on the pixhawk?

• Looks like Roberto has it working fine:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i5q1iM6_37U

• My build is running well too. No issues really. A fantastic frame.

get in touch mark@ondrone.com if you have any questions.

At the moment I just have the retractable landing gear connected directly to spare channel on receiver. It would be good to integrate better with Pixhawk so it cant raise if on ground and will lower if failsafe triggered. I have not looked properly into this yet though.
      Been using the Betview 5D-GH3 gimbal with great results. 3702527647?profile=original

• Hi Mark, that looks good. I've just got an s900 ready to go with an LX100 and initially built it up with a Naza, but am more familiar with APM so think I would rather run it with a Pixhawk. Are you getting the same level of performance Marco got in his video? Can you please share your PIDs/parameter file? Did you run autotune on any of yours?

• Yes I noticed that :)

• Hey Mark,

Have you made any progress?  I'll be getting things installed today and hopefully doing some testing by this weekend.

Cheers

• Anybody?

I've hit an issue with calibrating my R7008SB/14SG radio set.  The planner isn't recognizing the SBUS input from my R7008SB.  

I'm not sure where to go from here as information on the subject seems rare at best!

• Hi guys,

Back on the S900 Pixhawk topic, darkness408 at rcgroups posted this:

Quote:
    Originally Posted by cjyoyogi View Post
    Anyone using S900 with Ardupilot ?
    Whats your experience?

I'm using ardupilot. I can't compare it to other systems, since I'm more of a regular heli person myself, but I it seems fine to me. A couple pointers though:

• The power module that comes with the pixhawk can't handle the voltage from a 6S battery, nor can it handle the current a S900 will draw. You'll need to get a 180A attopilot for the voltage / current sensing, as well as some sort of converter capable of stepping down 26V+ to 5V, or use a 3s or 4s battery in conjunction with the power module that came with the pixhawk. (I'm using a OKI-78SR-5-15-W36-C to convert the main battery voltage)
    • AFAIK, there isn't any support for landing gear in arducopter. While you can always passthough a channel and control it directly, it won't be extended in failsafe modes like RTL. So if you have a low battery which switches it into immediate-land mode, it will be a belly-landing.
    • If you get the 3DR U-Blox GPS with mast, the fiberglass post is a bit too small for the mast mount that comes with the S900. The X-shaped base that comes attached to the 3DR mast is exactly the wrong size to mount cleanly to the top plate of the S900. I ended up using a heat gun to soften up the 3DR base enough to pull the fiberglass post out, then used CA + Baking soda to make it fit.
    • I highly recommend getting the 900MHz (or 400MHz) radio modems. Arducopter is not exactly plug-and-play, and you will spend many hours tweaking settings and debugging issues. Much easier to do this from a safe distance rather than tethered to it by a usb cable.
    • Pay attention to the rotor numbering that arducopter expects...
    • There isn't really any good place to mount the safety button that arducopter requires you use.
    • Couldn't you power the esc system built in using a 6s battery and the pixhawk with a separate battery and not have to worry about the current - obvious downside would be lack of telemetry on how much juice is left for the motors. Am I missing something here?

This reply was deleted.

Activity