Pixhawk Telemetry and OSD - MinimOSD Dead?

What are the OSD options for someone wanting to overlay Pixhawk telemetry onto a video stream and send to a ground station? I see the MinimOSD and Arducam but those look to be dead/unsupported efforts.

Is there an alternate OSD solution that can take Pixhawk telemetry and allow you to choose which telemetry fields to display as a video overlay?

Thanks in advance

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Is there anyone using the Micro MinimOSD ?

I did a Firmware update of MinimOSD_22.hex 10/9/2015 and it does not show the two battery setup that the Micro MinimOSD can read,

The Flight and FPV battery, I'm flying two batteries with the Pixhawk.

What I don't know,  does the Micro MinimOSD use the same Firmware as the older MinimOSD ?

• There have been no code updates in a long time and no developers seem to be around answering questions. Seems like it works but no enhancements are happening or feature requests being processed.

Can you provide details on how to get updates or who to contact to get an update on the next release or update and what is going to be included?
    • I had posted a few threads with no response and a comment was added about it being dead.

Even the link you provide has gone months since any developer comments / updates and that is the "most active" thread.

Pixhawk Arduxxx code I would consider an "active" development effort - where this seems to be dead or dying if you compare the 2. Seems to not have the dedicated developer support or the 3dr "backing" that the arduxxxx efforts have.

before we invest a lot of time and money into the products we need to make sure there is a way to get support / feature changes to make it work. Biggest issue now is not being able to choose which mavlink items to add to the osd. Sonarrange as an example. Would be nice to show that reading on the screen / googles to the pilot to know how far they are from some target.
      • 3D Robotics

As far as the core Pixhawk/Ardupilot code goes, the future is long-distance streaming digital video where OSDs are no longer required (the necessary telemetry info is displayed in the app).  That's the way Solo and the DJI products work, and my sense is that analog video will pretty quickly fade away as these sort of digital wireless links become commonplace. Perhaps that's why you don't see much new development on analog OSDs.

• 3D Robotics

BTW, there are many other OSDs out there, and many of them are MAVLink-compatible. I was recently sent one of them, from PlayUAV, which is an good China-based development team, and was impressed by the polish and software development process. 

• 3D Robotics

It's one of the most active development threads here. Where have you been looking?

• Minimosd with minimosd extra firmware, how is it "dead" ?
This reply was deleted.

Activity