Developer

PixRacer with Ardupilot

This is a discussion to focus the feedback and support of ardupilot on the PixRacer board from AUAV.co.

We believe that all teething problems encountered are now resolved and so we recommend people load Copter-3.3.4 which is available for all multicopters through the Mission Planner's (and other GCS's) Install Firmware screens.  Note that because regular Pixhawks are still on Copter-3.3.3 the install icon may show Copter-3.3.3 but rest assured, Copter-3.3.4 will be installed (you can check the version by looking at the very top of the Mission Planner).

3691274249?profile=original

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Should be easy to test with a digital voltmeter, I poke on the side of the current and volt sense lines which are the 2 in the middle. I see current draw with the FC and wifi module alone. Feel free to post the reading of all 6 pins.

• Must still be some sort of setup thing in MP. For me, QGroundControl is showing battery info without problem. QGC has the same information available as MP. So I assume you can tweak settings in MP to get it to work.

• Everything is working here :)  Nice to have predictable APM on it..  PX4 was a bit out of control for me...  But that could (likely) be  that I have experience tuning/configuring small APM copters, but am new to PX4. 
    What do other people think about the flight differences between APM and PX4? 

Actually, I did have one issue.. I couldn't calibrate the ESC's.  Either through MP or manually (throttle up, reboot, etc). 
    Manual, one at a time works.  Px4/qgc worked for the all at once calibration. 

• I've had an awful time with ESC calibration on QGC/PX4. The 2-3 times I've succeeded it's the sort of thing where you look back and you're not entirely sure which thing worked. Yes, throttle up / reboot / reboot again / throttle down, etc. The ESC calibration in QGC never worked for me. I'd initiate it with only USB, plug in the battery when prompted, and it would "time out waiting for bat" every time.

Like you I'm much more accustomed to ArduPilot, but frustratingly the WiFi does not work at all for me in QGC or Mission Planner. I'm sure there's something I'm missing, but we should figure out what that is as other users will undoubtedly run into the same thing I did.

• Trying to set a both compasses: internal and external via MP. Had no any problems in the past with Pixhawk but now seems I'm doing something wrong here.

Here is my physical orientation on the copter:

3702194379?profile=original

Here is a MP setup screen. Do I need to change here anything or this setup is OK (except calibration - not done yet)?

3702194401?profile=original

• The pixracer is oriented correctly.  Not sure about the GPS. 
      But I have issues w/ the internal compass, and am wondering if others do.. 
      Its offsets are quite high when using it stacked w/ the acsp4.  My internal compass has offsets around 400.  I had an auav-x2 in the same frame and its highest offset was 200.  Only change is replacing the auav-x2 and its power module with the pixracer and acsp4.  Everything else in the frame is the same. 

Also, anyone know what to set the "BAT_AMP_PERVOLT" to, for the ACSP4?  I was able to measure voltage and set that multiplier correctly, but I don't have an ammeter suitable for this. 

• Me, in a bigger quad, dissabled the int compass and finish the compass history like that, many flights and no more problems with compass now

• If I look on a "dot" located on the compass module, the dot is placed in left bottom corner - GPS oriented like on the picture I provided. Also, saw some post on Drotek forum. I hope it is correct. Anyway, need some confirmation that my MP compass page setup is correct before I will do a calibration.

• It looks good to me.  Just do the calibration.  Worst that can happen if it's wrong, is north won't actually point north.  Then you can figure out which way it's wrong.

This reply was deleted.

Activity