Developer

PixRacer with Ardupilot

This is a discussion to focus the feedback and support of ardupilot on the PixRacer board from AUAV.co.

We believe that all teething problems encountered are now resolved and so we recommend people load Copter-3.3.4 which is available for all multicopters through the Mission Planner's (and other GCS's) Install Firmware screens.  Note that because regular Pixhawks are still on Copter-3.3.3 the install icon may show Copter-3.3.3 but rest assured, Copter-3.3.4 will be installed (you can check the version by looking at the very top of the Mission Planner).

3691274249?profile=original

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Excellent Edgar. Does the copter seem stable with the props you're using even with the low throttle @hover? I'm not familiar with micro behavior (yet), so your project is very educational.

My friend has a ImmersionRC Vortex and I'd just love to see his response to a sub 250 flying a mission!

• yes, these props seem great.  I also fly a Vortex 250 Pro, its no Vortex but its not really meant to be.

• Frsky S-Port telemetry stopped working for me.

I checked that it's not my cabling by reverting to master version from end of march, there it works again.

Did a ~15 min test today. No problems with any uncommanded pitch/roll, i can confirm that the velocity Bar sometimes goes red though in flight. Mission Planner shows EKF error too then, but i cannot find anything related to that in the logs of the flight.

• Developer

Yes, Tridge has bumped into this as well and think he knows the issue and the fix.

The joys of flying off the bleeding edge.  Terrain following is coming along so hopefully beta testing isn't too many weeks away.

• It's going to arrive with my pixracer :D , thank's for all big esford devs. 

• I did another test flight and after a minute it did it again.  The logs show that AHRS2 told it to pitch left and I countered with pitch right and cut power.  I unplugged the battery and took off again with no issues with 10 minutes of flight.  Maybe I have a bad Pixracer.

52.bin

The issue starts just before 40.

• This is same sort of behavior I am seeing, so not sure its the racer.  When I roll back to the older build tonight I will see if its still happening.

• Flying in ACRO to try and alleviate compass issues, same behavior, after a few minutes it did a 180 degree turn on its own then hard left.  I will go back out of the master for now, but if it helps here are my logs.  Very excited, thanks for all the hard work :-D

2016-04-18 07-43-31.bin

• T3

Strange things happen:

I calibrated everything under 3.4dev and then switched back to 3.3.4. Then one motor (1/A) won't start. The ESC light went off meaning invalid throttle input. All other outputs are fine. Switching back to 3.4dev there is no problem. 

• T3

I am also not able to download logs. 

So, I will start from scratch again.

This reply was deleted.

Activity