Developer

PixRacer with Ardupilot

This is a discussion to focus the feedback and support of ardupilot on the PixRacer board from AUAV.co.

We believe that all teething problems encountered are now resolved and so we recommend people load Copter-3.3.4 which is available for all multicopters through the Mission Planner's (and other GCS's) Install Firmware screens.  Note that because regular Pixhawks are still on Copter-3.3.3 the install icon may show Copter-3.3.3 but rest assured, Copter-3.3.4 will be installed (you can check the version by looking at the very top of the Mission Planner).

3691274249?profile=original

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• He meens is 12v for video filtered, in a sense: does it have an LC filter - nope, it doesn't if used with any modern high response ESCs 12v on ACSP4 does need LC filter,  to be used to power analog vTx, just like any other 12v switching bec. 

• Cala, please explain "video filtered"?

Phil

Cala said:

Nice quality, neat and tidy installation too, than I have now, I installed in a racer and I'm going to install this one in my other two quads too, I don't need video filter with this PB, It's 12 v video filtered Philip?

• Nice quality, neat and tidy installation too, than I have now, I installed in a racer and I'm going to install this one in my other two quads too, I don't need video filter with this PB, It's 12 v video filtered Philip?

• Well, the magic is the quality of the components and the assembly. If the PixRacer (or other delicate electronic component) requires a good power supply to work properly its your choice to get it...

Glen Leeon said:

Can anyone tell me if the power board (ACSP4) that is an optional with the Pixracer is any different to any other pdb? Is there anything special that is on it that it's a must have?

Thanks

Glen

• There is nothing magical about our power supplies, the PixRacer just really needs good clean 5v to 5.5v power. Any decent power module should do.

Phil

Glen Leeon said:

Can anyone tell me if the power board (ACSP4) that is an optional with the Pixracer is any different to any other pdb? Is there anything special that is on it that it's a must have?

Thanks

Glen

• Developer

Great to hear.  Thanks for testing!

• Fly with AC3.4 RC2 with no issue during flight and I really like MOT_hover LEARN feature. I have to learn to get used with it.
  • Can anyone tell me if the power board (ACSP4) that is an optional with the Pixracer is any different to any other pdb? Is there anything special that is on it that it's a must have?

Thanks

Glen

• Thanks Nick, I just upload AC3.4RC1 and safety swicth now red (blink). Conneting to MP via wifi is okay now, ready for maiden tomorrow, great board, I am happy now.
    Any news for AUAV-X2 mk2 ?
  • That's normal...safety switch will be excluded later.

This reply was deleted.

Activity