Developer

PixRacer with Ardupilot

This is a discussion to focus the feedback and support of ardupilot on the PixRacer board from AUAV.co.

We believe that all teething problems encountered are now resolved and so we recommend people load Copter-3.3.4 which is available for all multicopters through the Mission Planner's (and other GCS's) Install Firmware screens.  Note that because regular Pixhawks are still on Copter-3.3.3 the install icon may show Copter-3.3.3 but rest assured, Copter-3.3.4 will be installed (you can check the version by looking at the very top of the Mission Planner).

3691274249?profile=original

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Thanks Nick I will try later.
    One more, I found the safety swicth always solid red (not blink) and I can arm the board directly without push the switch firstly, I dont think thats normal.
  • Hi Yana,

If you're using Windows, you will see it as Pixracer when you click on your Internet access connections, just click Connect and if asked for pass, type pixracer.....that's all.

Additional info here - https://pixhawk.org/peripherals/8266

• That what used to happen with my pix as well, no need to unplug for the second try and it just fine.

Hi Nick, just received the board yesterday and it works without any problems except I can't connect using included wifi board. Asking for IP and remote port....please help

Regard
    Yana
  • Hi guys,
    I noted a strange behavior of MP 1.3.39 when flashing a Pixracer....no microSD inserted!
    I just selected Initial Setup -> Install Firmware -> APM: Copter V3.3.3
    After downloading the firmware, MP asks you to "Unplug the board, click OK, then plug it back...MP will wait 30 seconds to find the board....."

PLEASE DON'T UNPLUG !!!!! ..... just click OK. When I unplug, click OK and plug back, MP can't find the board, while if I just click OK without unplugging,
    everything goes just fine..... weird ?!?!?!

I know many of you have problems with that point if initial setup when MP can't find the board. Please try this and feedback.

Best regards
    Nick

•   OK, Got it.

It is confusing 3.3.4 and 3.4.  I did not follow this thread close enough to pick that up.   I have regular Tiger ESC's in the Pix ship now so I will wait to change them out to Blheli when I see rc2.

Thanks !!

• Not, 3.3.4 not able, yow have to use 3.4 but, better to wait to rc2 if you upload 3.3.4 because it has a bug and it's soon going to be solved in rc2; I hope that you have to recalibrate the esc when you enable oneshot.

•   Thanks for the replys !!!!

So, I am not yet clear.   Is the version 3.3.4   I loaded able to use Oneshot125 ???

If so can I get some instructions.   I don't see any Params or settings in MP.

Do I need beta version RC1 or wait for RC2 ?  

Thanks Again !!!

• Oneshot, and Oneshot 125 are one of the hundreds of new features of 3.4, soon to be a RC2.

Karl Hill said:

Hi ,    I loaded Copter V3.3.4 via MP on my AUAV Pixracer yesterday and everything with the setup went great !!  Calibrating  went as smooth as I've experienced.

I am looking for Oneshot settings in Full Param List and don't see MOT_PWM_MODE. or TYPE.  Is this not part of the stable version ?   Is oneshot ,Blheli working with Copter 3.3.4 ?

Thanks!! Karl

• I hope is supported from 3.4

•   Hi ,    I loaded Copter V3.3.4 via MP on my AUAV Pixracer yesterday and everything with the setup went great !!  Calibrating  went as smooth as I've experienced.

I am looking for Oneshot settings in Full Param List and don't see MOT_PWM_MODE. or TYPE.  Is this not part of the stable version ?   Is oneshot ,Blheli working with Copter 3.3.4 ?

Thanks!! Karl

This reply was deleted.

Activity