Developer

PixRacer with Ardupilot

This is a discussion to focus the feedback and support of ardupilot on the PixRacer board from AUAV.co.

We believe that all teething problems encountered are now resolved and so we recommend people load Copter-3.3.4 which is available for all multicopters through the Mission Planner's (and other GCS's) Install Firmware screens.  Note that because regular Pixhawks are still on Copter-3.3.3 the install icon may show Copter-3.3.3 but rest assured, Copter-3.3.4 will be installed (you can check the version by looking at the very top of the Mission Planner).

3691274249?profile=original

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Thanks Cala your feedback is much appreciated.
    So the compass, waypoints, rtl etc are all pretty much working now?
    Have you tried acro?

• Hello Edgar, Randy announces that He is in vacations now until oct 6, the pr firm is still in beta but is much mature now, my racer flies nice :) 

• Randy, I have had my Pixracer in a drawer for several months now.
    How is the progress coming?  Mainly wondered is there an official release of the firmware avail yet or is the p-racer version still under development.

I am thinking on getting a 250 frame for it but did not want to start till it was out of beta.

Thanks, Ed,

• I've been using my pixracer successfully with ppm for some time.  Today I tried to use my Spektrum transmitter (Dx6) with Lemon DSMX receiver.

My radio calibration screen just shows 0s for all channels.  I've verified with a scope that the data is getting into the FC.  Does anyone know what to do?  

I know the pixracer has an SBUS inverter line so the RC_Input (PC7) can be used for either SBUS or DSMX, but it doesn't look like that inverter line is being used at all.

I'm running 3.3.4-pixracer, but also tried with the latest rc of 3.4.

Any help is appreciated.

• I have only a little experience with pixracer and using spektrum receiver.

I had some issues connecting a spektrum receiver, but yours should just work (tested one a few weeks ago). PPM receivers are simple and common. So i can only think of a wiring or hw issue. Please double check the wiring ( https://pixhawk.org/modules/pixracer ), or make sure the receiver gets power (probably 5V). Pixracer's 6*3-pin servo connectors does not provide vcc.

On my clone board i cannot get my spektrum satellite work, although it works well on the original. I haven't spend too much time on it yet, so that may be my fault.

Neil said:

I want to use Arduplane so loaded 3.7 but did also try copter 3.4 beta

• I want to use Arduplane so loaded 3.7 but did also try copter 3.4 beta

• Hey. Try to reboot the copter wit the transmitter turned on. There is/was rc input scan running at startup. I dont know if that is stored for next bootups.
    What version of apm do you use?
  • can anyone help shed some light on an issue i am having, maybe i am doing something wrong but i cant seem to get Pixracer to read PPM from EZUHF receiver, tried 2 receivers and neither work (one is borrowed from a know working PPM build)

connected up an X4R-SB receiver and Pixracer reads input fine

is there something i have to do to enable CPPM on the pixracer?

thanks

• 3.4-rc5 will bring this improvement for the clones. To know when it happens you should be at http://discuss.ardupilot.org

• So I also got stuck with a clone board. Been trying to order one from AUAV but they're out, thought i'd check out the clone and see how it worked.

So i found out that with 3.3.4 it works, but loading 3.4-rc4 from "beta firmwares" on MP it boots but fails with the "Check BRD_TYPE: no ms5611 found" error.

After some testing, found out that the latest 3.4-dev build works. Using ArduCopter-v4.px4 from the todays build 2016-09-13-19:09/PX4-quad. Just download the PX4 file and upload with "custom firmware" option on the firmware screen. The downside is of course your running dev code, but in reality I should've just waited on the authentic Pixracer.

I've purchased two AUAV-X2Q boards from AUAV, and the build quality is awesome. Solid hardware. The clones cut corners and honestly, saving a few bucks isn't worth risking your frame with bad regulators and undercutting the developers of this hardware.

This reply was deleted.

Activity