Developer

PixRacer with Ardupilot

This is a discussion to focus the feedback and support of ardupilot on the PixRacer board from AUAV.co.

We believe that all teething problems encountered are now resolved and so we recommend people load Copter-3.3.4 which is available for all multicopters through the Mission Planner's (and other GCS's) Install Firmware screens.  Note that because regular Pixhawks are still on Copter-3.3.3 the install icon may show Copter-3.3.3 but rest assured, Copter-3.3.4 will be installed (you can check the version by looking at the very top of the Mission Planner).

3691274249?profile=original

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Yes the receiver powers up with the racer board and solid green light on RX indicating it's bound. I am using it in D8 mode. Thanks for the reply. Guess 'they' are working on it :] 

• Randy/Tridge, I cannot see the get a Spektrum Satellite receiver to be recognized. Any thoughts on the reason or a fix?

• Even with a Pixhawk, I calibrated the ESCs manually.
    • Ed, not sure what to say.
    • Edgar,  I think you have hit on it. I do not believe the button functionality is enabled in either PX4 or APM for the Pixracer. Randy, can you confirm?

• I can certainly confirm the arming light is always solid/armed w/ APM and PX4, and it has been my suspicion that may be part of the issue w/ ESC calibration w/ APM..   Developers will have to fill us in w/ more info..

• Oh man that would be great if Randy can fix it, I don't think I can get calibrated without it working since my Rx is PPM only.

• Do you have an ESC programmer? You can set the end points in there..  Since my RX is in PPM mode, that's what I ended up doing.. 
          They did calibrate w/ PWM, but the end points weren't right when it was connected via PPM... So I just hooked up an ESC programmer and set them numerically in the program.

• No, I don't have one, ill keep hopes that the devs will be able to fix the All At Once for the racer soon, in the mean time ill set everything else up.

• Another thing I noticed is the light is supposed to blink and when you press the button it should go solid.

But on the Pixracer the light never blinks, you can see it in my video.

This reply was deleted.

Activity