Developer

PixRacer with Ardupilot

This is a discussion to focus the feedback and support of ardupilot on the PixRacer board from AUAV.co.

We believe that all teething problems encountered are now resolved and so we recommend people load Copter-3.3.4 which is available for all multicopters through the Mission Planner's (and other GCS's) Install Firmware screens.  Note that because regular Pixhawks are still on Copter-3.3.3 the install icon may show Copter-3.3.3 but rest assured, Copter-3.3.4 will be installed (you can check the version by looking at the very top of the Mission Planner).

3691274249?profile=original

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I was having some other trouble earlier, which is all working now with the current 3.4dev.  (deleted the posts, because they were apparently problems only I was having)

So, now that it's all working I tried OneShot125 again.  The ESC's still don't respond, and won't calibrate.
      Spider Pro 20 amp w/ BLHeli 14.3.  They say they support it, but I don't have another flight controller that's known to work w/ OneShot, to test.

Hopefully someone else can try.

• Developer

I've done a lot more work on ArduPilot on Pixracer today. New features include:

• DSM works
    • WiFi works
    • safety switch works
    • BRD_SAFETYENABLE works
    • supports OneShot and OneShot125 using MOT_PWM_MODE parameter
    • MPU9250 MAG works (as well as hmc5993 and external, so 3 mags in typical setup)

I've put a binary here for anyone who is feeling brave:

http://uav.tridgell.net/px4-merge-april-2016/ArduCopter-v4.px4

As far as I know the only missing feature now is RSSI input support. I suspect that in fact does work, we just need to work out what to put in RSSI_ANA_PIN.

This version is based on ArduPilot master, plus a merge of all upstream px4/Firmware. Many thanks to the PX4 team for all their work! Also thanks to Phillip Kocmoud for assistance on pinouts.

The branch is here:

https://github.com/ArduPilot/ardupilot/commits/px4-merge-april-2016

I expect it to go into ArduPilot master in the next day or two. Test reports welcome!

Note this uses the new AP_Motors code, so the names of all the PID parameters have changed. I don't know if the various GCS implementations cope with that yet.

Cheers, Tridge

• Hi Tridge,

I noticed one other topic, with the current master build, FrSky Telemetry (tested D-PORT) is no longer working. With beta it worked.

(SERIAL4_BAUD=9, SERIAL4_PROTOCOL=3)

Tom

• Developer

thanks for letting me know. I think that is probably a result of enabling the WiFi. I'll have a look at it when I get a chance.

• wifi now works for me :] Thank you.

• YAY! 
      Just need RSSI... 

Is there any method to the pin numbering, or could it be anything?
      Or is there any chance of you moving the 3.4 digital RSSI code over to this?

• Developer

I've now pushed an update that adds analog RSSI support. It defaults to the right settings, but if you want to set them manually it is:

• RSSI_ANA_PIN=11
        • RSSI_TYPE=1
        • RSSI_PIN_LOW=0
        • RSSI_PIN_HIGH=3.3

It needs the latest master build, which was submitted to the build servers a few minutes ago. It probably won't appear as an available build for a few hours.

• Thanks Andrew, do I get this from CtrlQ or is there another download link?

Did you see the link to my ESC, I was not able to get Type 2 working with them, but not sure if mine supports it or not. 

• Thanks for all the work you're doing!!

• Hi Andrew,

I just tested the version and ESC calibration works perfectly now for me.

Also the 3rd MAG works correctly now (really cool!!!). My 2nd MAG has high offsets, so I turned it of. 2 MAGs are sufficient for me.

I tested Wifi with qgroundcontrol Android App but that does still not work for me.

Since my ESC do not support oneshot, I counldn't test that.

Finally I was able to do my 1st successful testflight and I must say, it flew really nice! 

Thanks a lot for the great work!

best regards

Tom

This reply was deleted.

Activity