Developer

PixRacer with Ardupilot

This is a discussion to focus the feedback and support of ardupilot on the PixRacer board from AUAV.co.

We believe that all teething problems encountered are now resolved and so we recommend people load Copter-3.3.4 which is available for all multicopters through the Mission Planner's (and other GCS's) Install Firmware screens.  Note that because regular Pixhawks are still on Copter-3.3.3 the install icon may show Copter-3.3.3 but rest assured, Copter-3.3.4 will be installed (you can check the version by looking at the very top of the Mission Planner).

3691274249?profile=original

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Developer

@Alex,

In master you can set RC6_FUNCTION to 31 and that will put the motor output on channel 6.

I am flying a 450 heli with a Pixracer with that setup.

Cheers, Tridge

• thx Andrew for your fast reply. so this parameter value is only available in master right now?

so I need update my firmware first, because I use the stable 3.3.4.

I will test the heli-Version in a 550 size heli.

For me, I want to know the 3D / Acro Performance from Arducopter in relations with the pixracer hardware.

maybe I don't need a traditional flybarless anymore, like brain, vstabi, microbeast. ..perhaps a rescue mode is also possible with ardupilot..

cheers,

Alex

• I love this tiny magic board but facing a bit trouble with getting it work with Arducopter (Master) on a Tricopter:

1) not able to calibrate the ESCs, neither with MP nor without

2) Yaw servo is still mapped to RC7, RC6_Function -> 39 doesn't help , signal out still on RC7 (even with RC7_Function ->0)

Did anyone of you managed to get the PixRacer running on a Tri?

• Has anyone figured out how to read RSSI with FRSky Rx and Pixracer using Arducopter?

I tried connecting the RSSI out of the receiver directly to RSSI in of the Pixhawk. Regardless of wich Pin i configured, no value is shown.

I then tried again using a 1.5v Battery (in case a RC filter would be needed), same result as above.

Is the Pixracer RSSI input not supported?

• Analog RSSI is working for me. 
      I'm not at home now, so can't look up the pin, but it's the same as using the extra rc port on the pixhawk.. shoot, I forget what that port is called too.. sorry.  But it's definitely working.
      I'm thinking 103 is the pin number, but that's just from my sketchy memory. 

• Never got Analog RSSI input working.

Installing latest dev version (2016-03-18 04:06) did the trick though, rssi over pwm is implemented there and it works out of the box (RSSI mode: 2, RSSI channel: 16, rx is x4r connected via sbus)

And not only that - Telemetry on the Taranis via s-port suddenly works too without any modifications :-)

Now i just need to look if i can fly with this version or if i have to revert back to stable.

• re- And not only that - Telemetry on the Taranis via s-port suddenly works too without any modifications :-)

I'm about to set up my pixracer with a Taranis. On my other set up I used the s-bus to the RC in on the pixhawk and the smart port to a Teesny. Can you elaborate a bit on how you wired yours up on the pixracer? Thanks!

• It's the same, just without the Teensy.

I.e. s-port out to FrSky in and sbus out to Rc in (like in the picture by Gervais).

After arming 12 new sensors were found by the Taranis.

With the stable version nothing was found.

• Azd2, I am almost completely sure this is not implemented yet in ArduCopter.

• For a while ArduCopter has implemented the RSSI via a dc filter but has not yet implemented the PWM option that is currently available in ArduPlane.  Maybe there is something that was missed in the implementation of PixRacer.  I haven't tried it but intend to use the RSSI option when I get PixRacer, so hopefully it does work.

This reply was deleted.

Activity