Developer

PixRacer with Ardupilot

This is a discussion to focus the feedback and support of ardupilot on the PixRacer board from AUAV.co.

We believe that all teething problems encountered are now resolved and so we recommend people load Copter-3.3.4 which is available for all multicopters through the Mission Planner's (and other GCS's) Install Firmware screens.  Note that because regular Pixhawks are still on Copter-3.3.3 the install icon may show Copter-3.3.3 but rest assured, Copter-3.3.4 will be installed (you can check the version by looking at the very top of the Mission Planner).

3691274249?profile=original

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Developer

I've now pushed all of the changes into ArduPilot master. Randy asked that I rename MOT_PWM_MODE to MOT_PWM_TYPE so it is a bit more generic.

The autobuilds are starting now. It should be possible to load via a GCS selecting the "latest" firmware (control-Q in MissionPlanner) in a couple of hours time.

Cheers, Tridge

• Andrew, in MOT_PWM_TYPE 1, it flies fine, but the motors seem to have a mind of their own before and after flights.  Note, this quad is Not Armed and props still move

• Mission Planner PID screen is not working since they changed the name of all the PID values.  They now start with ATC and until that gets into Mission Planner or APM that screen won't work.

All 3 compasses calibrated for me as well even though I didn't think I had 3.  I guess they all work though.

WiFi works great too.

• me too, all 3 compass, I turned off all but the first one.

• Michael, have you been able to arm and fly?  If so, does Alt_Hold and/or loiter work for you?
      (wondering if I should keep messing w/ this, or if it's not working)

• Yes, can arm and fly with no issues.  All modes work with 3.4 dev version.  PID's I think needs some work though as it seems a little tippy.

I used all 3 compasses too.  Just waiting for that compass variance error to show up and then try and figure out which one of the three stooges is off.

Now is the external compass still used?

• MPU9250 + HMC5983 are onboard and I presume you have an external MAG on a GPS?

The MPU9250 has a MAG and we have updated the driver to enable it.

Thank you for the report, they are very helpful!

• Philip,Tridge:  Thx a lot. Very nice, my first copter with 3 MAG . (2 internal and one external)

Could you please explain:

1. Does v4 APM use all MAG if enabled ? (Averaging ?)

2. Redundancy ? Switchover during flight in case of a failure ?

• Developer

@gervais, the EKF uses the mag indicated by the COMPASS_PRIMARY parameter initially, also honouring the COMPASS_USE, COMPASS_US2 and COMPASS_USE3 parameters.

If during flight it finds the primary compass is inconsistent with other sensors it tries the other enabled compasses to see if it can find one consistent with the other sensors. If it finds one it switches to that.

• I couldn't calibrate my ESC's w/ oneshot enabled..  It seems like it doesn't detect throttle down position.
    My esc's should support 125 mode. 

Regular, without oneshot calibrates fine. 

I have never used oneshot before, so could be doing something wrong.   Not sure if I have to hook them up to an ESC programmer to tell them I'm using oneshot or something... (I have read it should auto-detect it, but maybe there's an option in the config, too.....)
    trying to fly w/ oneshot enabled, with the non oneshot ESC calibration doesn't work.. never get any output from the ESC's. 

(I don't need oneshot.. Just letting you know of my results)

This reply was deleted.

Activity