Developer

PixRacer with Ardupilot

This is a discussion to focus the feedback and support of ardupilot on the PixRacer board from AUAV.co.

We believe that all teething problems encountered are now resolved and so we recommend people load Copter-3.3.4 which is available for all multicopters through the Mission Planner's (and other GCS's) Install Firmware screens.  Note that because regular Pixhawks are still on Copter-3.3.3 the install icon may show Copter-3.3.3 but rest assured, Copter-3.3.4 will be installed (you can check the version by looking at the very top of the Mission Planner).

3691274249?profile=original

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Thank's Thorsten, I try with Ctrol Q but nothing happens, but I try again with beta if it's now in MP  :)

• "Error updating firmware no response from board" in two pc. the board connect well and show params.

After tree chances, mission planner suggest to unplug the board and re-plug and there it works and upload the firmware.

• A NOOB question about using Pixracer in Fixed-wing plane.

I've just received my Pixracer, and I'm hoping to use it in a Fixed-wing 'plane.   I've been using Pixhawk on Quads for some time, but despite extensive research I simply can't figure-out a neat way to connect the servos & ESC\BEC to Pixracer.

I'm thinking of powering the Pixracer using a 3DR monitor cable as supplied with Pixhawk.

What I'm thinking is that I can connect the red & black (power) wires of each servo directly to a power source and the signal wire of each to the relevant output on Pixracer.  What's confusing me is how to establish a common ground and to avoid ground-loops and\or stray voltages reaching the Pixracer

If anyone could give me a REALLY simple explanation or schematic  of what to connect to what  in order to drive 4 servos (AIL\ELEV\RUDD) & a Motor ESC I'd be really grateful. 

Apologies if this is a bit simplistic...

Thanks.

• Someone correct me if I'm wrong...
      But I believe the standard channel 1-6 outputs will work fine. 
      The power rail is not connected to the pixracer.. only to each other. 
      So, you need your ESC or a separate BEC connected to one of the channels supplying power, and the other 5 channels are in parallel. 

• That is correct. The Pixracer's servo rail does not connect to its internal 3V3 regulator. That is powered only via the power module input and the USB port.

A "star" ground configuration will keep motor currents out of the ground connection for the avionics.

• thanks ^^

• Developer

I've just pushed a bugfix to master that fixes ESC calibration on the PixRacer. Previously the "boot with throttle high and then reboot" method did not work as the FMU outputs did not get properly armed. Peter Barker noticed the problem on his new 250 quad today and it should now be fixed. It will take a few hours as usual to get through the build server.

• Able to successfully calibrate ESCs via boot with throttle high method on AC3.4dev today.

Unable with AC 3.3.4 (ccebcd30). Long tone from PixRacer then no tones from ESCs.

• T3

I just finished setting up a new copter with PixRacer and a recent version of 3.4-dev (53c095).

All went smooth: uploading the firmware, calibration of all 3 mags, as well as ESC calibration. The copter flies rock solid in stabilize (I'll test the other modes the next days). Seem most problems are solved :-)

Great work! Thanks!

Thorsten

Copter: fixed motor test build on heli · ArduPilot/ardupilot@53fc095
      pwm percent makes no sense
      • pixracer is a real improvement hardware i am very happy to see that arducopter are going to sort of issues

This reply was deleted.

Activity