Developer

PixRacer with Ardupilot

This is a discussion to focus the feedback and support of ardupilot on the PixRacer board from AUAV.co.

We believe that all teething problems encountered are now resolved and so we recommend people load Copter-3.3.4 which is available for all multicopters through the Mission Planner's (and other GCS's) Install Firmware screens.  Note that because regular Pixhawks are still on Copter-3.3.3 the install icon may show Copter-3.3.3 but rest assured, Copter-3.3.4 will be installed (you can check the version by looking at the very top of the Mission Planner).

3691274249?profile=original

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I was a bit confused reading your previous post but now everything is clear regarding version. 

Regarding accel calibration, I will do this step at the end, doing first RC, compass, etc, and see what will happen.

• Developer

I have pushed a fix for the parameter corruption problem to ArduPilot master. Randy is preparing a new beta release now that will have the fix.

• Developer

Hi All,

I have reproduced the parameter corruption issue on my Pixracer. I can confirm the problem does happen with master, not just the beta releases.

I have also reproduced the problem with px4 master, so the problem is not ArduPilot specific (I have given instructions on how to reproduce on px4 master in the PX4/Hardware gitter channel).

I am working on narrowing down the issue. I have shown that the issue only happens with the ms5611 baro driver is started, which points the finger at a likely SPI bus corruption problem (as the ms5611 and FRAM storage are on the same SPI bus on Pixracer, a key difference from other boards).

These types of issues can be quite tricky to track down, but I will see what I can do.

Cheers, Tridge

PX4/Hardware - Gitter
  • I follow with attention this thread because I have a pixracer in mind for build a 250 racer cuad, what esc are you reccomend for this little guys? 

sorry the OT question.

• I ordered one for my Sub250 gram Micro, I will post when its complete and feed back on how it works on a very small copter

• Speaking of light weight copters, I'd suggest they ship the PixRacer w/out the servo headers soldered in place. It's much easier to solder than to de-solder. 

• @ Scott W

Hi,

I have same Problems with parameter saving...

and "forgotten" Parameters after reboot....

You can read here my Posts in german Forum...

FPV Treff

I will translate in english an post it here later...

Regards, Andreas

FPV-Treff.de • Thema anzeigen - PixRacer V1 mit APM Stack
        FPV-Treff.de das neue deutsche FPV Forum
  • My parameters are not saving. 

latest mission planner.  Not the beta, because the beta crashes before it even opens. 

Do I  need to use the beta MP?

Copter 3.3.4-rc2 is shown as being on the copter, up at the top of mission planner. 

I calibrate, save. refresh params.  They're all there.  Unplug the pixracer and plug it back in.  All settings gone back to the default/initial 3.3.4-rc2 settings. 

This is all while connected and powered via USB

• Also, after rebooting and comparing params, a lot of the params rather than being reset to what they were bfore, are actually displaying as "NaN".

This reply was deleted.

Activity