Developer

PixRacer with Ardupilot

This is a discussion to focus the feedback and support of ardupilot on the PixRacer board from AUAV.co.

We believe that all teething problems encountered are now resolved and so we recommend people load Copter-3.3.4 which is available for all multicopters through the Mission Planner's (and other GCS's) Install Firmware screens.  Note that because regular Pixhawks are still on Copter-3.3.3 the install icon may show Copter-3.3.3 but rest assured, Copter-3.3.4 will be installed (you can check the version by looking at the very top of the Mission Planner).

3691274249?profile=original

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• "I tested Wifi with qgroundcontrol Android App but that does still not work for me."

Where is it not working? Can you connect to the PixRacer WiFi connection and then QGC doesn't connect?

• Hi Don, 

I can connect and get an IP, but qgroundcontrol app does not connect and show any data.

It seems like pakets are send vie Wifi.

I just tried to connect via QgroundControl for Windows, with the same result.

With the PX4 flight stack both worked.

• Tridge - I know that this discussion is primarily for Arducopter but will these fixes be included in ArduPlane as well?  So far my testing on the latest release of ArduPlane is going well but these features are also not working there.  Thanks again for all your work.

• Developer

@Tim, yes, everything works with plane and rover too, except for OneShot which is copter specific (actually, you can use OneShot with the vertical lift motors in a quadplane on a Pixhawk).

The build server has finished the builds since I pushed all this to master so you should be able to load onto your plane now by loading the latest development build (control-Q if you are using MissionPlanner).

I think the Pixracer is a very nice board for small planes.

Cheers, Tridge

• @Tridge, I did load this dev version last night and will work with it.  It really is a nice feature to have the wifi working.  I will continue to test with this version.  Thanks again for your help.

• I've been out of 'plane' for 2-3 years. I'll never forget the first time I flipped to mode RTL and it just came hime and circles!!! WOW!!! That was a long way from the days of silk span and dope!! This summer it's 'plane' time. Gonna put my P racer in a HobbyZone Super Cub. It's rudder only. I guess I'll use the Easy Star as a starting point for pids?? ...   I guess I'll post questions about my build here?? http://discuss.ardupilot.org/c/arduplane    ps the new 'manual' here http://ardupilot.org/plane/index.html   Is looking great!!! wow... 

• X2 I hope so I plan on putting my p racer in a plane. 

• Developer

if anyone wants to try the OneShot code, you need to set MOT_PWM_MODE=1 or 2.

For OneShot with "normal" PWM ranges (1000 to 2000 microseconds) use MOT_PWM_MODE=1. For OneShot with 125 to 250 usec PWM use MOT_PWM_MODE=2. If you are quick you may be able to be the first person in the world to fly ArduPilot with OneShot! It's dark here so I haven't tried on my 250 quad. I have confirmed the signals look right on my logic analyser though. I measured the latency from main loop to pulse appearing at the ESC as 25 usec.

Cheers, Tridge

• Here you go, the first OneShot flight, its connected via WiFi

You can see in the video my props move around even tho its not armed, which is odd right?

Good news, it sure seems to have less oscillation. 

• Developer

thanks Edgar!

Have you try MOT_PWM_TYPE=2 ? I'd like to get a confirmation of a flight with 125usec oneshot. It looks fine on the logic analyser, but it looks like my ESCs don't do 125.

You will probably need to recalibrate yours ESCs for 125 support

This reply was deleted.

Activity