Developer

PixRacer with Ardupilot

This is a discussion to focus the feedback and support of ardupilot on the PixRacer board from AUAV.co.

We believe that all teething problems encountered are now resolved and so we recommend people load Copter-3.3.4 which is available for all multicopters through the Mission Planner's (and other GCS's) Install Firmware screens.  Note that because regular Pixhawks are still on Copter-3.3.3 the install icon may show Copter-3.3.3 but rest assured, Copter-3.3.4 will be installed (you can check the version by looking at the very top of the Mission Planner).

3691274249?profile=original

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Wonder if anyone can help me out. I got Pixracer installed on a Beerotor 250 frame with RCTimer BLheli 30a ESCs. I can get it to arm but when I raise the throttle just slightly, the motors go full blast. There seems to be nothing in between. Haven't been able to fly since the Pixracer was installed.
    • Be sure you've got the latest version of APM installed.  Redo your radio calibration, and then an ESC calibration. 
      ESC calibration was not working w/ some previous code, but it should be now w/ the latest. 

• Loaded the latest code and still can't get the ESC calibration to work. The first time I plug in the battery with the throttle high, the safety light goes solid (BRD_SAFETYENABLE=0) and I get standard tones. When I then disconnect and reconnect the battery, I get a long low tone and the safety light is doing a double blink.

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

• Did you use the latest alpha release?  
          I don't remember for sure, but maybe the ESC calibration fixes never went back to 3.3, and they're just in 3.4..
          in MP, go to the firmware upload section. Press ctrl+q to get a list of alpha software, then upload the firmware.  Then you should be able to do an ESC calibration.

Then for now, you might want to go back and load the 3.3 firmware to fly with.  Your ESC calibration will remain..

• Yes, I loaded the latest using ctrl-q this morning. The part that seems odd is that the safety switch led doesn't go on solid when it goes into esc calibration. It does a slow double blink.

• Rod, since you have the safety set to 0, try unplugging the switch then try it. If you read the post above I had issue with the BRD_SAFETYENABLE=0 and the switch plugged up.

• I just tried it with the setting BRD_SAFETYENABLE=1. (Hadn't seen your post yet.) Basically, had the same behavior. When the battery was plugged in the second time, I got a long low tone. The safety switch was slowly blinking. I pressed the button and it started doing a double blink. I have a feeling I'm just missing something obvious.

• Scott, I don't know for sure but the mention of the board switch makes me think of what happened to me today when I decided after an accident to hook up the buzzer. I have my BRD_Safetyenable set to 0 because I don't use it. After plugging it up, take it out to fly it won't arm, connect it to PC and it says  compasses out, recalibrate still trying to figure out why, unplug from PC connect battery and try to arm, it says I need to press the arm button, Why it is set to 0, so I press it and then it says compasses out. I had to end up removing the three wires to the switch and recalibrate the compasses before I could get it to arm. There may be a conflict by having the BRD_SAFETYENABLE=0 then having the switch hooked up. I don't know for sure but it apparently caused a problem with mine.

• Edgar, the first time I noticed this I was in stable mode and hovering when I switched into AltHold and it did similar to what you experienced, it dropped some then it took off in a roll. I was lucky this time and did not crash, LOL, it got my attention quick. Then I remembered a post earlier by Scott. When I looked at the log I could see Roll had a peak at the point I switched to AltHold but when I was trying to correct the roll the DesRoll shows a flat line, but I am not sure because at this exact same time I could see in the log I had a GPS glitch so I am not 100% sure that if their not not been a GPS glitch that it would have been OK at that point in time when I went into AltHold. I have a cgs mini m8n on the way and will be removing the RTFQ then I will try it again.

This reply was deleted.

Activity