Distributor

Problem connecting Pixhawk and Futaba receiver

Hi

Two of my customers have trouble setting up the Pixhawk - I myself have a Pixhawk, but don't use a Futaba receiver, thereby I can't replicate the problem (I would like to find out if the problem is connected to the receiver they use, or something else).

Both use a Futaba R7008SB receiver.
Both managed to upload the Firmware to their Pixhawks - but they are not able to do the radio calibration (the Pixhawk doesn't "see" the receivers, the bars in the calibration are all grey).

They have nothing else connected to the Pixhawk, except receiver (connected to the right port / RC), buzzer, safety switch and USB cable.

The Pixhawk signals via the big LED "pre-arm check failed" (which makes sense ;)

They power the Pixhawk via USB and at the same time with a LiPo (via the Power Module).

The receiver is "found" by the remote, the LEDs are on, the setting of receiver and remote (regarding the use of the SBUS) seems to be right. They use the right port of the receiver to connect to the Pixhawk.

I am happy about any suggestions ...

Thanks a lot in advance

Felix

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hello, I just became a new member and have exactly the same problem here. I went from a perfectly well running system (DJI Naza V2) to a lot of frustration. I have Futaba R700SB-14SG combi. I have it connected to the RC port of Pixhawk and tried 2 modes on receiver (A and B) and S.Bus-SBus2 combination. I managed to get connection with the Beta software: V3.3-dev and see some "green bars".
    I wonder if I need to purchase a PPM encoder or wait for a working stable version. I see so many developers versions and lost track of a version that is actually suitable for Futaba R7000SB.

Any suggestions?

Right now I would use the ppm encoder and the stable firmware unless you are very experienced. It will all come in time, as each new tx/rx comes on the market it takes more and more work for the volunteer devs to incorporate them into the firmware. The encoder is very inexpensive and easy to use in the meantime.

Best of luck
      • Thanks for your suggestion Martin. I will order one. I haven't figure out yet how I should program the different flight modes and other useful settings. Is there someone with good suggestions?

No probs! All the info you need is here http://copter.ardupilot.com
          Click on instructions and it's all there. If you have any problems feel free to ask. There is a lot to read but then this is an amazing flight controller. The wealth of info available via mission planner is simply staggering but don't expect too much too soon as it takes time to get to grips with it (but then that's half the fun!)
          I would start with stabilise then loiter and keep it fairly close to you whilst getting used to the controls, be prepared- your first auto mission is like a child leaving home (although you want the aircraft to come back)
          Enjoy!
  • I have the same issue, connect with futaba 6203sb. In qgc, rc signal cal. Normal, everything normal, however, after push safety button and arm stick position, lights ready, the motor no reaction with the throttle. Then i flash back to apm firmware, everything goes alright, can fly immediately. The problem should be the firmware pwm output problem.
  • 3701828899?profile=original

3701828630?profile=originalHi Martin,

Please have a look at my circuit. I am using an ESC to supply my servo output rail and it is getting power. But as mentioned before, the signal out from pixhawk is the culprit!And also the RC  calibration figures are around 1100 ....1900. Will it be an issue with the firmware I am using? Or do I need to have a PPM encoder in between? Please help me... I am using Futaba 14sg as my transmitter...I have already checked the servo by directly connecting to the receiver and its working fine....

Thank you

Madhuraj

Hi madhuraj and eagle,

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you, been making the most of the good flying weather. That setup looks ok. I am using the 14sg and 7008sb too, if you see earlier in the thread I had issues too. The beta testing firmware did allow me to calibrate but I had terrible control issues and the aircraft was unflyable. The solution was to use a ppm encoder and re flash the stable firmware, I have had no issues since then. I would highly recommend doing the same until the beta becomes stable. It will be resolved in time , I'm sure. The ppm encoder is cheap and it has the bonus of extending your mounting positions ;-)
      I think if you do this all your problems will be fixed, everything else seems fine. Let me know how you go.
      • Hi Martin,

As suggested I have already placed an order for the PPM encoder, I think it may take a while for me to get it..I have ordered the one from 3dr stores, hope it will work.. Will update you once I get it

Thanks for your help,

Madhuraj

• Thank you Martin and Jerome for your kind replies!
    I tried the same, but still its not working. After connecting an ESC as you suggested I can see that servo rail is getting power ( This is confirmed with the help of a multi meter and also I can see servo initializes its position as soon as its powered) but looks like the signal is always low from Pixhawk. I can see that on the RC calibration page on APM planner signals are received properly and the green bars moving accordingly. Btw I am using a Futaba R7008SB receiver and flashed the stable version of the latest firmware. I am not sure is there anything I am missing...
    Best regards
    Madhuraj
      Hi madhuraj,
      That's disappointing!, I will give it some thought when I get time today and get back to you.
This reply was deleted.

Activity