After a massive crash from about 50ft up I have now what I can only think is a yaw issue. On take off the quad just continually spins out of control.
I have tried everything, including:
1) Replacing all motors
2) All new props
3) Swapped out the ESC's one at a time with a good one
4) Replaced the power distribution board
5) Tried different APM's (I have a old APM1.x and a APM2.5
6) Used different GPS units
7) Reset the radio and APM's to defaults and then reconfigured.
8) Eliminated all the radio components buy swapping them out with a friends ones.
9) I have replaced the original 3DR arms with my own ones made from box aluminum which are the same length and holes etc in the same place.
10) I have reloaded Version 2.9.1b on both APM's with no joy.
I have even tried tuning the PID values for the RATE_YAW_P, and setting this to zero seemed to help but did not stop the spinning, but in all honesty I have no idea what I am doing with tunig,
The blow screenshot from the logs, you can see the Yaw in etc, should the Yaw and Nav Yaw have this offset?
I have also attached the logs files.
I would appreciate any help as I am really stumped by this. It was really flying well up until crash :-(
make sure that all you motors function equally. boot each motor up on servo tester to b sure
You're certain two motors spin CW, and two spin CCW?
Can you turn on motor logging and do another test, post the a graph of motors 1-4 logs?
Could it be that you have the Yaw trim off center on your TX? (This is a common problem seen at local hobby shops)
I am not sure what Mode you operate in but could the TX have changed modes or otherwise gotten crossed up? You mention changing radio gear but did that include the TX?
I will take a look at the log for some clues.
Oh another thought, your TX didn't get into Helicopter mode did it? In the RC cal screen you should only see one bar move per stick movement.