RC Timer 3DR telemetry kit

HiJust fitted 3DR kit to my quad and it worked 1st time with my laptop but I can't get it to work with either my galaxy note 2 or android tablet. I did notice that it uploaded drivers when installing on my laptop and wondered whether my phone and tablet needed drivers. I can't seem to find any info.If anyone has any ideas it would be greatly appreciated.RegardsRoy

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I am having a similar issue, except I'm fairly certain it's not my OTG cable. The reason I think this is the case is due to the fact that I can use flash drives and mice/keyboards with my android device just fine.

My device is a Samsung Galaxy S4, which is OTG compatible and has USB host enabled. Equally, when I plug my flight controller (APM 2.6) directly into my phone via a USB cable, that also connects fine.

My radios work fine with mission planner on my PCs, but when I plug the ground station radio into my phone I get a few blinks from the radio LED and then it remains with no lights showing.

Anyone have any Ideas on this?

• Thanks to everyone. It was as simple as a bum cable. Ordered 3 off flea bay for £3 inc p&p. Amazing
  • Roy,

I have a galaxy note 3 with OTG cable. Ardupilot and Droidplanner worked surprising well. When you plug in the radio do any led light up? If not your phone's usb may not be supplying any power.

• I couldn't get mine to work with my phone's USB connection. I ended buying one of these bluetooth adapters and that works great now.

http://rcm-eu.amazon-adsystem.com/e/cm?lt1=_blank&bc1=000000&am...

• Yes to both. Doh!!
  • Are you using the special USB-OTG cable ?

• see if your android device supports usb host:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=eu.chainfire.usbhostd...

USB Host Diagnostics - Apps on Google Play
    USB Host Diagnostics determines your device's USB host capabilities. USB host is a very powerful feature of recent Android based smartphones and ta…
  • OK Richard if you're going to be pedantic then its a 3RD clone. Still the same issue!!
  • If you bought it from RCTimer, then it sure as heck ain't a 3DR radio!
This reply was deleted.

Activity