Greetings!

I just built a new plane (mini talon) and installed a Pixhawk in it running the new 3.3 software.

Initially I was getting an error I had never seen before: Error EKF PRED POS HORIZ ABS and the horizon was rolling around slowly.  After some digging it looks like the only other people that had this were using a beta version of Mission Planner.  Earlier today I had upgraded to 1.3.27 (on 2 laptops) so I rolled back to 1.3.26 on both and it seemed to resolve that issue.

Now that error is gone but I just had another instance of the plane showing roll (all the way inverted) while the plane was sitting stone-still on the ground <sigh>  While trying to arm during this (no prop...just testing) at one point it did indicate PreArm:  Inconsistent gyros

After a power cycle I was unable to replicate the issue.

Has anyone else had this happen?  The initial time it did this it was sitting on my worktable (so there was no temp difference).  This last time I had it outside so it was warming up rapidly.

Here is the .tlog:  

https://www.dropbox.com/s/n427u4oxglchkz3/2015-05-22%2013-24-22.tlog?dl=0

Note:  I was turning on/setting up the current sensor via telemetry during this log thus the crazy voltage readings.

2015-05-22 13-24-22.tlog

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I am having a problem with the new FW for arduplane and mission planner as well. The process for arming the motor has changed to occur as soon as power on, which I like since it avoids the annoying beeping indicating the motor has no signal, but now the Pixhawk will not arm the motor unless I disable the GCS safety test. At one point it was indicated 'Bad Compass Health' but it would not show it consistently. I am assuming this FW is just unstable. I will try rolling back as well and see if that helps.
  • FWIW the maiden went great :)
  • The same issue...

• I just bought a Pixhawk and plugged into MissionPlanner flashed the FW. I get this blasted error too. I plugged in a previously purchased Pixhawk and same thing with this new version of mission planner.

• I am having the same warning error message as well.

This reply was deleted.

Activity