So I'm getting this weird symptom after a little while of flying in stabilise mode (haven't checked the other modes yet).  If I have my elevator forward, so thus the quadcopter is flying forward, OR I'm holding it position fighting wind, after a little while I'll notice the quad is starting to want to lean back.

If I take my hands off the sticks so it centers it self again, it'll tilt backwards too much and level out.  I've had it at points where my elevator is fully forward in no wind, and the quad is still slowly starting to level out. And thus should I go back to center it'll suddenly tip backwards before levelling out.

I'm only flying around for maybe 1min before it starts to noticeably want to lean back.  The symptom even makes it descend as its starting to fight me leaning it forward. I've been flying the quad for a while now and I've never encountered this symptom before.  I have a feeling it has to do with recent changes to motor prop combinations which will be my first avenue of testing if no one has an idea.

Any ideas where I should start trying to diagnose this symptom if its even known?  I've got a lot of swapping parts/testing ahead of me in regards to narrowing down the cause of the symptom, but I'm wondering if anyone knows of this issue already and can point me in a good direction for investigation?

Please if you know of this symptom I want to hear from you.  But I know some people will offer other suggestions to help debug issues in a more generic sense, which I'm intending to do, its just I would prefer discussion from people who recognise this symptom please :)

Forgot to mention, I'm using 11inch props, on a TBS Discovery style of frame.

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• what flight controller are you using?

google naza flyaway as it sounds a bit like this kind of problem.

• APM 2.5.  How does my symptom link to fly away behaviour?

• if it were naza, then yes, but apm no...

check the ch7 save trim function... that could explain your symptoms. 

• I would try re-doing the accelerometer calibration or perhaps your quad is not balanced, perhaps it is back heavy.

• I would expect, if its back heavy, wouldn't it just spool up the rear motors more to keep it level?

The hard part also will be working out where the optimal center of gravity should actually be on a TBS like frame

This reply was deleted.

Activity