UART 2 for Telemetry on APM 2.5

Hello! I need to use UART 2 for telemetry on APM 2.5 so that I can use both USB(multiplexed with UART0) and Xbee telemetry(hopefully on UART 2). I have followed the directions given on the google code page, and this is what I have done.

-Cut the two upper bridges on the AUTOMUX UART0 pads provided underneath the APM.

-Soldered the two corresponding lower bridges. Verified using short test through Multimeter.

-Downloaded the Arduplanev2.68, edited config.h to

// use this to enable telemetry on UART2. This is used
// when you have setup the solder bridge on an APM2 to enable UART2
#ifndef TELEMETRY_UART2
 #define TELEMETRY_UART2 ENABLED
#endif

and then successfully compiled and uploaded the firmware on the board using arduino 1.0.3 (also downloaded from APM google code page).

Now, I tried use the UART 0/2 port (default telemetry port on APM2.5) but i get no data there. 

Then I tried using UART 2 provided on the side (soldered pins there) and used TX2 and RX2, all I got was heartbeat at 1 hz, and no other data.

What am I doing wrong here ?

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I have this working on ArduPLane, but what about ArduCopter? I cannot get it to work???

• Hi Bharat!

I am currently trying to connect my RCtimer telemetry module to my APM 2.5 though the UART0 port (not the regular UART0/2 telemetry port) since there is only RX, TX, 5v and Gnd coming out of my telemetry module. The thing is that i did not quite understand the solder jumpers thing... I am not planning to add OSD at the moment, but if you have any idea how to get this thing to work, i would really appreciate it!

Here is a picture of my APM, without solder jumpers, if i am right...

EDIT: actually, it seems that there if  tiny bridges between the first two rows... do i need to break those bridges, and solder in the same way the two bottom rows?

Thanks!

photo.JPG

https://storage.ning.com/topology/rest/1.0/file/get/3692788388?profile=original
  • did you ever get it to work?

This reply was deleted.

Activity