Replies

• Version 3.1.2 and Y6A or y6B ???

• There was a huge discussion on this last year and in the end YB (FRAME=10) configuration won. Im very new to this, but I did notice my copter was more stable while yawning in the YB then in the YA. It had less of a tendency to gain/lose attitude.  There was also a change in the prop sizes for the 3dr model. The 3dr y6, 2013 (old version) had 11x4.6 on the bottom while having 10x4.6 on top.   From what I read, the different prop sizes would allow the bottom props to get "clean air" (avoid prop wash from the top). After many test, it was determined that the results were very insignificant in the configurations...and out of simplicity, 3dr adopted the current YB (FRAME=10) configuration with 10x4.6s on all motors.

I came across several discussions on this, but this one was the most relevant:

http://diydrones.com/forum/topics/yaw-stability-derivative-coupling...

• Ok, cool.

Well, I'll run Y6A for while, and see how it works out. I was planning a10"/11" mix as well - maybe that mix works better with the old one. I can always go all 10 or all 11" and Y6B if i need to.

• Im running running the YB configuration, but still run the 10 and 11 props. I wanted to get a good feel of the configuration before switching. My plan is to switch over to all 10x4.6 this weekend...if I notice anything sufficient, Ill post something here... 

• i just build a Y6B but i notice my pitch stick need to be reversed. it this normal?

to epxlain better: when the green bar in MP goes down, the copter moves forwards and viceversa.

• APM_2_5_MOTORS_Y6A_Y6B.jpg

This is the difference - the motor order is different, and the tail is different...the question is, why? What's the performance advantage of B over A? I can't seem to see any...

• I recall another thread, where somebody was experimenting with a Y3. Apparently making all the tops spin in the same dir, gave better yaw control i think.

• Im just guessing, but does one possibly turn all motors including the tail int he same dir while the other the tail turns opposite to the front two. Isnt that the difference between the two styles of y3s ?

• For second i thought that was an Australian mobile number.

• The Bulldog looks seriously tough.  I always love your work Euan.

This reply was deleted.

Activity