Where To Buy Pixhawk

I bought my original at 3dr and now it says out of stock.  Should I buy a fake?  I dont want to. lol!

I want to get the controller and the GPS and all the goodies.

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Info from 3DR on the Pixhawk Mini
    " Expect to see all details, a quick start guide and faq on our site by Wednesday but here is a rundown:
    Main Processor: STM32F427 Rev 3
    IO Processor: STM32F103
    Sensors
    Accel/Gyro/Mag: MPU9250
    Accel/Gyro: ICM20608
    Barometer: MS5611
    Voltage Ratings:
    Power module output: 4.1~5.5V
    Max input voltage: 45V (10S LiPo)
    Max current sensing: 90A
    USB Power Input: 4.1`5.5V
    Servo Rail Input: 0~10V
    Dimensions: 38x43x12mm
    Weight: 15.8g
    External GPS Module: GNSS receiver: ublox Neo-M8N; compass HMC5983
    Weight: 22.4g
    Dimensions: 37x37x12mm
    Interface:
    1 x UART Serial Port
    Spektrum DSM/DSM2/DSM-X® Satellite Compatible
    Futaba S BUS® Compatible
    PPM Sum Signal Input
    I2C
    CAN
    ADC
    Internal Micro USB Port"
  •  I think I found my problem, I have been attempting flight with a 4 cell battery like I did with my other FC boards.  I tried a 3 cell and it maintained flight, but very unstable like the PID are too high.  I will now tone those down and see what happens.

Steve Kurywchak said:

Hi Rob,

How did the 250 fly with a bad IMU using the PixFalcon.?  I have used every board from APM to the PixRacer and cannot get the Hobbyking PixFalcon to lift off without eventually flipping back wards.  Are you using a power module to power the board?  I am using two wires to connect to the PM ,  5V and ground.  We can't power the servo rail, as I am used to doing with all the other boards, also there is no ground connections to the ESCs'.  Any thought you can share? 

Thanks,

Steve

Rob_Lefebvre said:

Gary, I've got a Pixfalcon on a 250 racer.  The IMU failed after about 10-20 flights.  I will be replacing it with an AUAV Pixracer, just haven't gotten around to it yet.  I don't use Hobbyking junk anymore.  They just have no quality control or engineering standards.  They will even foist off junk with known major engineering errors, such as their Pixracer clones.  I just don't have time to deal with this crap anymore.

• 100KM

Super excited about this - I've installed 4 Holybro Pixfalcons this year and I'm very happy with their performance, but I look forward to a 3DR version along with the new engineering improvements. I'll be refreshing the page regularly...

Chris Anderson said:

The Pixhawk Mini is a new version with upgraded sensors and CPU. It comes with adapter cables for old-style DF13 connector devices.  That's a preview listing. The full listing will be coming this week. 

• Hi Rob,

How did the 250 fly with a bad IMU using the PixFalcon.?  I have used every board from APM to the PixRacer and cannot get the Hobbyking PixFalcon to lift off without eventually flipping back wards.  Are you using a power module to power the board?  I am using two wires to connect to the PM ,  5V and ground.  We can't power the servo rail, as I am used to doing with all the other boards, also there is no ground connections to the ESCs'.  Any thought you can share? 

Thanks,

Steve

Rob_Lefebvre said:

Gary, I've got a Pixfalcon on a 250 racer.  The IMU failed after about 10-20 flights.  I will be replacing it with an AUAV Pixracer, just haven't gotten around to it yet.  I don't use Hobbyking junk anymore.  They just have no quality control or engineering standards.  They will even foist off junk with known major engineering errors, such as their Pixracer clones.  I just don't have time to deal with this crap anymore.

• yes. i don't want to be sarcastic on this, but looks like the wheel is turning backwards.. 

Philip said:

Jerry, did you delete your own comment?
  • You Guys give me an idea.

Apparently we have a lot of really good choices, some OK choices and lots of not so good choices.

What we need is a comprehensive description and capability, performance and reliability comparison of each one.

I do not think our main guys here, Philip, Roberto or Victor have anything to fear from this as you are clearly the lead systems.

But we really need a comprehensive description that lets each person make the most educated decision they can for themselves.

I don't think we are all likely to completely agree on comparative values, but we can come pretty close.

It appears we actually suffer from a plethora (lot) of systems and are currently really not picking the ones that are best for each of us.

Right now I am building a shop and have to put a roof on it soon, but I am still willing to participate in an effort to put this together if you all think it is worthwhile.

I will give it it's own entire section on my DronesAreFun web site and we can put it in a blog here and possibly on the ArduPilot site as well if they will have it.

@ Philip, thank you for the response.

Best Regards,

Gary

• @Roberto. I own XUAV X2, 3DR Pixhawk, and VR uBrain 5.2 (2 of them) and I must say it is a great board that any serious people should consider.

Roberto Navoni said:

VR Brain 5.2 still available in standard format and micro ,too . And it's official supported by the Ardupilot team . 

So there are a lot of option instead to buy PixFalcon . 

On VR Brain there are also Pro support for special application with integration in ROS. Some big company choose to use VR Brain Pro for its custom and complex drone.

• Developer

Yes Jordi's Solo GPS is plug and play!

• I see Jordi is doing US made and properly AUAV attributed  Pixracer's for $99 and it seems quality Pixhawks for $99. Nice to see another player providing what I can only imagine is quality hardware.

• Hi Rob,

Is that GPS simply plug and play compatible with the Solo?

And do you need a specific adapter?

Are you using it on your Solo?

Also not to forget other big Dronekit player Intel with it's own Edison based flight controller.

Best,

Gary

This reply was deleted.

Activity