FOLLOW ME / LEAD IT on Arducopter V. 3.x

I'm using Andropilot to control different platforms:

- Arducopter on APM

- Arducopter 32 on VRBRAIN

- MegaPirateNG on CRIUS AIO Pro

Ardupilot works great on all the platforms but Follow Me / Lead It functions seems to have problems with version 3.x 

On all the platform Follow Me was working perfectly on version 2.9 but with new version 3.x Follow Me is not working anymore: as soon as you activate follow me copter goes crazy and you need to switch back to manual control.

I've experienced the same problem on rel. 3.x on APM, VRBRAIN and today with MPNG 3.0.1R2...so the problem seem related to Ardupilot controlling Arducopter 3.x   

Is anybody experiencing the same problem?

Luciano

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I'll give guided/follow-me a try this afternoon, if it warms up at all.
  • Developer

Just checking in on this old thread.  I presume follow me is still working fine for folks with the latest  AC?  I tried it recently with 3.1 and it seemed okay.

• I am running 3.0.1 on my HexTreme hexacopter and have tried Followme using a Android tablet several times with Droid Planner. Every time I activate Followme the copter shutters, then starts climbing, then hesitates, shutters and climbs some more. This continues until I take it out of Followme witch require multiple attempts of touching the Followme option on the tablet and switching the R/C transmitter from Loiter to Stabilize and back. the first few times it says it is in loiter but then automatically switches to guided mode. After the third or fourth attempt I can get control back. I have repeated this same sequence 4 times with the same results each time. All other functions including single and multiple waypoints work perfectly. It is very stable in Loiter.

• did this issue get resolved? it happened to  me as well but i thought becuase i was in guided mode, i have video of it http://youtu.be/lu-9TPxRj90?t=2m51s incase some one needs to see it

• I've experienced this a few times. Upon activation, Guided/Followme cause the copter to freak out and fall. It has also worked fine. Very aggressive compared to 2.9(both with stock PID). Admittedly, I haven't done much Guided testing on 3.0.1, I've been working on tuning for a while. My copter has been stripped for parts temporarily, so I can't test it out right now. Also why I didn't partake in the 1.7.07 Beta. Sorry Kevin, next time. I'm attempting to build a rover. Hoping to have them both running by the end of the month.
  • Developer

Interesting - yes, if someone else has copter and could confirm this new breakage with 3.x that would be great...

This reply was deleted.