Hardware:

-          Flight controller : PIXHACK

-          GPS Ublox

-          MiniOSD

Software:

-          GCS : Mission Planner.

-          Firmware : Arduplane 3.4

Problem:

After previous tests and posted topics here I solve the problem of pitching up and stall , 

now the plane is very stable and work well in manual and stab modes , even when I off the motor during the flight its very stable and decent with glide ,

But when try loiter mode , and Auto mode , It works good and direct to WP or start loiter ,

previous tests the throttle cut , now the throttle is off and start many time and the plane loss the altitude while trying go to waypoint , until it become near to ground I change to stab and control it to gain altitude and try again always decent ,

I am not using airspeed and my cruise throttle in set to 50% ,

What's the algorithm that control the altitude (GPS , Baro , TECS ) ?

which parameter I should change to keep altitude ?

how dose TECS control altitude ? 

here is the Log file , in .Bin format  Log File

Hope I can solve this problem I want to enjoy the auto modes :(

best regards..

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• @Abu,

altitude is controlled by sensors, software processing sensor data  controlled by  EKF.

As long as Powwer Control sensor is not implemented we are lost, since no direct way

to guess if altitude goes up or down  if you fly at higher altitude.

Power Control Sensor is smart and inituitive.

If more energy is sent from battery to motors, there is a chance for your drone to fly up

if less, there is no chance for drone to fly up.

Easy, inituitive, fuzzy logic controller to work every time, not controlled by EKF.

GPS ionospheric error can be 5-10 metres horizontal, hard to guess vertical.

If airframe starts to resonate, IMU can generate pseudo data not useful to

control your drone.

The same for barometric sensor to generate pseudo data on airframe vibrations.

It looks like every drone should be tested on the ground on vibrating table before first take off.

• How did you solve the pitch up?
    • Bruce Baxter actually I did many steps until it solved and I am not sure which one solve it.

- correct the C G point .

- limit the pitch and roll angle ,

- fly with no wind ,

This reply was deleted.