Dear friends, have a bit of a mystery I could use some help unraveling. I was flying my EasyStar II testing platform yesterday (FPV, Telem, LiPolice ESC/Engine, fiberglass reinforced) when the pre-flight check Gods bit me for having too much weight in the nose. The plane came down at a 30 degree angle with a good bit of speed and when it hit the ground it was not softly.

Amazingly, when I got to my plane it looked like the rain from the night before had softened the ground. The battery had come loose and some wires were detached, but there was no structural damage (thank God for fiberglass). Now comes the strange bit...

After 20 minutes of reattaching everything, checking it over and ground testing, I was ready to fly. I pushed the stick upwards and... no throttle at 10%, 20%... up to 60% at which time the engine went on it's merry way. Got another 20 minutes of flying done without major issue, but the dead stick to 60% stayed! I tried pulling the battery, checking the cells, rebooting APM 2, checking its settings, no joy on any of them. I can't figure out what this could be. Video indicated that APM through I was flying at 70-80% throttle, which is about where the stick was, so it looks like the throttle signal was fine at least up where the APM's sensors read it. Does anyone have any thoughts on what might be the issue?

Best,
Robert

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• Developer
    Which esc is it
  • Damaged ESC? Did you already try to recalibrate throttle range? Weird things can happen in crashes.

Try connecting a servo to APM output throttle channel, it should move along the throttle stick movement, if not the fault is in APM (settings?).

• Developer
    There is a procedure for resetting your throttle 0 position
    This works for all the ESCs that I have had...

Turn your TX on and set full throttle
    Turn your RX on and wait for the beeps to stop
    Set 0 throttle
    Esc should beep
    Should be all good now

Phil
This reply was deleted.