Relay switch for Gopro camera !!

Hi all ,

I need to hack Camera go pro to control throw pixhawk

I remove the power switch cover of the camera and connect it with two wires ( when connect them together ) for 3 second the camera ON when do it again the camera of .

Now Can I connect them to a relay ? and directly to pixhawk like the picture below ?

bf8a736de1cc94d026e579a92e2872df2303a6ca_1_690x314.jpghope any one tell me , well it work ? I don't want to damage the camera .

I hope my way is right ,
if so I will add another relay for start/stop recording ..

regards.

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Very good

I have to do two separate function

1- power on camera

2- start record ,

I will use two switches as shown in replays .

Now one step done with trigger ,with RC5

How can I assign the second function ?

How to do another output throw the RC7 , sines trigger is already in use ?

Regards

mike de leon said:

yes my friendyou can manual assign do_trigger or let mp do it, its much easier, go to ardupilot and check out mission planner, creating mission, read through it, mp creates a survey grid and assign wp for triggering the camera, makes our job easier, tnx to the devteam 

• yes my friendyou can manual assign do_trigger or let mp do it, its much easier, go to ardupilot and check out mission planner, creating mission, read through it, mp creates a survey grid and assign wp for triggering the camera, makes our job easier, tnx to the devteam 

• I used rc5 as camera trigger and test it from the plane page I works fine , ( I will use this for shatter )

Now I need to Do that command throw waypoint command

Second I need another way to output another signal for powerOn the camera also doing that using waypoint command,

thanks for useful information , I think i am in the last step

Regards

mike de leon said:

yes you have to assign it so that pixhawk knows what rc channel pin to trigger, try putting it in rc10 pinout, then go to flight page, right click then camera trigger, but base on yout gopro layout you soldered the
    wire to power button, afaik there is a 3pin inside the gopro that you to get wired for your shutter to work. goodluck
  • this relay now not for shutter it's for power the camera on ,

I will duplicate with another relay for camera shutter , 

using camera trigger will out the needed signal ?

Do you mean I don't have to plane it with mission command ?

Regards,

• yes you have to assign it so that pixhawk knows what rc channel pin to trigger, try putting it in rc10 pinout, then go to flight page, right click then camera trigger, but base on yout gopro layout you soldered the
    wire to power button, afaik there is a 3pin inside the gopro that you to get wired for your shutter to work. goodluck
  • no actually I expect output as do set servo command !!

mike de leon said:

idk about the kill switch how it works, base on your layout its correct, it should trigger the relay if ever 5v is send by the kill switch, did you go to mission planner>initial setup>optional hardware>camera, on the lower part assign which channel to use
  • idk about the kill switch how it works, base on your layout its correct, it should trigger the relay if ever 5v is send by the kill switch, did you go to mission planner>initial setup>optional hardware>camera, on the lower part assign which channel to use
  • thanks all for helping with good information

I just get rcexl opto gas engine kill switch v2.0

which use for cut off the engine pdf manual

I use it with the receiver X8R and connect it to relay (Meisei m4-5h) and it works fine and the relay work fine .
    as shown in the pic

3702280247?profile=originalNow I try to send the PWM from the pixhawk Directly I am using channel 5 output

using command Do_Set_Servo as first wp and give it the number of servo which is 5 and the PWM value 1900us

change the mode to auto but it dosen't work

even I get in the flight data / Quick

RC5in =1900

RC5out = 1900

but seems there is not signal arrive to switch !!

3702279929?profile=originalI think I have some misunderstanding in RCn_Function !!

How to do it ?

How to get the ch5 out the require PWM using mission command ?

How to get the ch5 out the require PWM using mavlink Servo  ?

Hope I can get help .

Regards..

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showatt.php?attachmentid=4964802
  • Try the IC that is made for this. The "CD4066" is a "CMOS QUAD BILATERAL SWITCH".

You can get 5 for 1USD on Ebay.

Read the datasheet: https://www.fairchildsemi.com/datasheets/CD/CD4066BC.pdf

5775284100_1354893262.png

• get a turnigy relay switch
This reply was deleted.