Replies

• Yurik,

What is the significance of the "Lock pitch and roll values" box? Mine used to be checked, but now it isn't. I don't remember unchecking it, but may have.

• 300km

I should point out I found a pretty simple solution to my problem. I went back to basics and went through the setup wizard. It seems I missed the step calibrating the ESCs. I did that and it has flown perfectly since.

• I sure would like to see a picture of your setup with the Sony Nex and the juiced motors. I am think of doing the same thing. 

Josh 

• 300km

I've got a Y6 with 880s and it is overpowered as far as I can tell. (It's my first multicoptor so I'm no expert). I crashed on the first several flights I did because it just climbed. I had to cut the power to almost zero to stop it climbing.

I posted about that here

http://www.diydrones.com/forum/topics/flip-crash-on-maiden

Since then I've flown once with about 300g of weight added, and I could climb and descend but it was very shaky when it was hovering or descending and sounded like the motors were being feathered (by that I mean it sounds like they were quickly being powered up and down to reduce the total output). When I increased power it sounded consistent and flew stably.

The power would probably be appropriate if I was carrying a 300-500g payload which is the goal once I can fly it.

This reply was deleted.