Motor Not Spinning - Bad Power Board Distribution

Ive comb the internet and the Diydrones.com site and cant find an answer or anything thing that would help me out...so Im reaching out to you guys.

- I ordered a 3dr Y6 and noticed that a motor was getting extremely hot (TOP REAR, #6, Ya configuration), so 3dr replaced it. 

- Got the replacement in the mail and put it on, at the same time I decided to go with the Yb (frame 10) configuration since I had the frame apart.

- While testing motor rotations, my BOTTOM LEFT (#6, Yb configuration)  motor does NOT spin.

- For a test, I swapped the esc signal wires in the Power distribution board (PDB) and it seems that there is no signal coming from the #6 PDB esc plug.  

I think Ive ruled out the ESC and motor. Could it be the PDB or even the APM?

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Another option with those is simply to take each orange (signal) wire from your ESC, remove it's pin from the 3 pin plug and insert it into the correct place in the 6 pin plug instead - bypassing the PDB all together.  The end result is a direct wire from the APM to your ESC.

• Brendan, I might try that. The wiring on the Y6 is so tight, I might even make my power harness and just wire the ESCs into the apm.

• Yep, the T6 has a bit more room :-)

3689574759?profile=original

• Have you tried test for continuity with your multi-meter? Could pretty easily rule out PDB

• I checked to see if there was a connection between the Orange Output (PDB to APM) and the Pin that the ESC signal wire plugs into. Yes it seems to have continuity.

I also checked the 3dr signal wire and it checks out to.

This reply was deleted.