A quadrotor with a payload of 800g

Hello everyone,

I need a quadrotor that has a payload of more than 800g because I have to add some sensors and a parachute to the quad. Does anyone know anything about a quadrotor that has a payload of 800g and that can reach a height of 300m?

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I honestly cannot fathom why this conversation is happening, and why people suggest that you need 6s copters running sub 400kv motors.

This is 800 grams. Not a red epic.

You can lift 800grams on the 3dr hexa for christ sake. 

I have build tons of copters. Many of which have lifted payloads of well over 3kg in quad copter layout.

Want a quadrotor that can do that?

Buy four sticks of aluminum, you choice ESC and someting like 4 DT850s on 3s and 12 inch props.

Done. Stop this 6s 400kv bollocks. 

• This height of 300 m is easy to reach but you definitely need some FPV, not so much weight extra compared to your 800g.

• Developer

Nizar, you can also look jDrones quads and Hexas. We have QuadXL coming soon that might interest you.

jDrones, R/C UAVs and More....
    Manufacturer of ArduCopter frames and parts. Custom airframe manufacturing, Custom design services for all your R/C UAV needs
  • You're definitely not going to find a production quadrotor able to lift 30 pounds, you will have to build one yourself. +Shyam  Balasubramanian gave some good advice. I would suggest that you look into construction of an octoquad, that is a quadrotor with two opposing motors at the end of each of the four arms. An aircraft similar to the 3D Robotics Y6 or X8 aircraft, except with a larger frame, more powerful motors and higher current ESCs. You should also look into eCalc, a web page which can help predict the performance of multirotors using parameters you provide. It will be helpful. If you are looking for autonomous flight where your vehicle flies to one or more specific GPS coordinates at specific altitudes and then returns to its launch point, I recommend using the APM flight controller. Unlike other flight control systems like the DJI Wookong which charge expensively for waypoint features, with the APM it's free. Looking at different discussion sites and YouTube with the keywords "heavy lifter" will likely offer you some guidance on construction of your platform.

• I would be glad to help
    First , what is your RC background ?
    Thanks jeff
This reply was deleted.