Advice for Selecting ESCs for Quadcopter

Hello all:

I guess I qualify as a newbie in the RC space, but am a computer engineer with background in embedded controllers and various gadget projects over the years.

However, I am getting confused over ESC choices - I understand their purpose, power ratings, etc., but wonder about programming them.  Especially what brands are compatible with programming performed by the APM.

I would just get the stock ones from the DIYdrones store, but they seem to be consistantly out of stock and I would like to use oversize ones rated at perhaps 25 or 30A to minimize heat issues and allow using more powerful motors in the future.

Frankly, I find Hobby King's selection (for example) to be quite dizzying.  :)

I would be tickled if someone could point me to a few APM compatible offerings in the 30A range.

Thanks,

Scott

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__2164__TURNIGY_Plush_30am...

these ones are often used and proven good :)

• The Turnigy Plush 25  gets my vote too !! You can get a programing card for it from H.K.

• Hello,

must admit i use turnigy plush speed controllers easy to program never let me down and cheap

• My gosh I use Turnigy plushes.

• Developer

Scott, checkout jDrones. As they are original manufacturer of ArduCopter, ESCs over there are always compatible with APM.

There are both 20 and 30 Amp ESCs available and never out of stock.

jDrones ESC 20 Amp
    R/C UAV and ArduCopter manufacturer and one stop shop. We make your FPV come true.
This reply was deleted.