Hello dears from diydrones.

This quadcopter that I mounted using apm with AC 3.1.5 and the frame x alien..

I did  a cheap power distribution board for give supply energy to four motors, but I don't have idea if this is the problem or the problem is with the compass.. 

I want to you watch this videos and I wait a reply of his experiences with quadcopters for report the problem.

thanks a lot.

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• Hello dears.. Thanks a lot to all you... finally I could have a good flight.
    the problem was the calibration of weights
    thanks so much..

• Hi,

Do you check the GPS otientation?

Normally the white arrow must point front of the quad, as I can see in the vids in your case it seems the GPS is pointing to rear of the quad...

Regards

daniel

• Oh Sebastian may have it.  I did that once on a race quad and the same thing happened, violent flips.

• Hi,

did you check if the motors/controller are orientated correct?

For me it looks like it powers the wrong motors. If you hold the quad in your hand and increase throttle to the point where it try to stabilize the two front motors should spin faster if you pitch the nose down.

Sebastian

• Thanks dear, that is that I going to make after of my first flight

Hans H. said:

• Looks like that left rear is lacking power.  I would recommend checking connections and ESC calibrations as recommended.  Also that the motor spins freely by hand.

• My friend. Thanks a lot for your recomendations... I only calibrated the accelerometer, compass with values (x 61, Y 0, Z - 27), my radio x9d and every channel has enable trim, also, the ESC's were calibrated and the props. I could push the lipo at the center but there isn't new results. I going to equilibrate/balace again because you say that the gravity center is very important and I Had not taken into account with this issue.. 

I want to know if the "trim" option in my radio is problem for began.. All my channels has "trim" activated..

anyways I going to re-calibrate

Quad:

=====center=======

Lipo:

======[{}{}{}{}{}]====

I going to move the lipo at the center and equilibrate the weights etc.

====[{}{{}{}{}]======

I saw this video..

I'd like see photos of your quad..

Qazi Ahmed said:

Hi,

This is the very common problem for first time creators. There is a check list of to do's. First tell me did you calibrated your motors properly? Have you gone through all the procedures of your flight controller and firmware installation?

Your two motors are running fast as they are getting higher current then others two.

Check list

1. Check the balance of your quad using rubber bands or weighing scale. It should be very well balance with all things on it including battery. Try to find the center of gravity of your quad and place every thing close to COG.

2. Check your props balance. Find on net how to balance your props.

3. Calibrate the motors using your fc software or manual method. Keep in mind that initial rpm of your motors should be same so they run at same time when you arm. You can also find these methods on net easily.

4. Check your radio if it is properly trim or not. If not then please do it.

5. Check all your soldering of any loose joints or loose wire connection

6. Also check if your motors are moving into suggestion directions mentioned in setup? check the motor numbers in setup and in your connection with cables, this is also the main cause. This is very important issue to check first.

APM never likes any kind of vibrations in any way. Read the online documentation of ardupilot of how to setup these properly. Did you follow all the procedures of setup and make sure nothing was skipped.

Run each motor using your setup software and see when you increase throttle from radio, each motor should start at same throttle reading.

I have Apm 2.8 same F450 frame and now flying it in my room at my height easily.  I can see your things are outside of your frame and can say your frame is completly out of balance first. Check other things also.

Let me know then. I think if you follow my instructions you will enjoy a steady flight.

QF

YouTube
  • Hi,

This is the very common problem for first time creators. There is a check list of to do's. First tell me did you calibrated your motors properly? Have you gone through all the procedures of your flight controller and firmware installation?

Your two motors are running fast as they are getting higher current then others two.

Check list

1. Check the balance of your quad using rubber bands or weighing scale. It should be very well balance with all things on it including battery. Try to find the center of gravity of your quad and place every thing close to COG.

2. Check your props balance. Find on net how to balance your props.

3. Calibrate the motors using your fc software or manual method. Keep in mind that initial rpm of your motors should be same so they run at same time when you arm. You can also find these methods on net easily.

4. Check your radio if it is properly trim or not. If not then please do it.

5. Check all your soldering of any loose joints or loose wire connection

6. Also check if your motors are moving into suggestion directions mentioned in setup? check the motor numbers in setup and in your connection with cables, this is also the main cause. This is very important issue to check first.

APM never likes any kind of vibrations in any way. Read the online documentation of ardupilot of how to setup these properly. Did you follow all the procedures of setup and make sure nothing was skipped.

Run each motor using your setup software and see when you increase throttle from radio, each motor should start at same throttle reading.

I have Apm 2.8 same F450 frame and now flying it in my room at my height easily. I can see your things are outside of your frame and can say your frame is completly out of balance first. Check other things also.

Let me know then. I think if you follow my instructions you will enjoy a steady flight.

QF

This reply was deleted.