APM Driver not installing in WIndows 8

Hi All-

I've been having trouble installing the Arduino Mega 2560.INF driver on a new windows 8 machine.  This is the error message:

"The third-party INF does not contain digital signature information".

Does anyone know how to overcome this?  Does the MP run under Windows 8?

Thanks,

-Marque

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• this happend on win 7 too. can u still hit f8 while booting to disable enforcement?
  • I was planning to get Windows8,,, but i think i will delay that to a later date... 

need all my hobby stuff to work on it

ramesh tahlan

• A better option would be for Microsoft to remove this check entirely and go back to how it was in Windows 7; I know a lot of small hardware designers that can't afford to have their "drivers" certified (they are actually using Microsoft provided drivers with a custom driver information file), and having to disable this to be able to install hardware is going to send the people to other operating systems that don't require this.

• The actual instructions (from the reply in the thread linked above by Louis Davis):

I have come up with an alternative method to install the Arduino drivers on Windows 8.
    This method does not require new driver files or installation of a test signature.

1. Windows Key + R
    2. Enter shutdown.exe /r /o /f /t 00
    3. Click the "OK" button
    4. System will restart to a "Choose an option" screen
    5. Select "Troubleshoot" from "Choose an option" screen
    6. Select "Advanced options" from "Troubleshoot" screen
    7. Select "Windows Startup Settings" from "Advanced options" screen
    8. Click "Restart" button
    9. System will restart to "Advanced Boot Options" screen
    10. Select "Disable Driver Signature Enforcement"
    11. Once the system starts, install the Arduino drivers as you would on Windows 7

• Yes you can disable driver signature enforcement. See the instructions on page 2 of this thread on arduino.cc

http://arduino.cc/forum/index.php/topic,94651.15.html

The disable checking seems to be easiest so skip the instructions on how to create a dummy certificate etc.

Robin

This reply was deleted.