APM2.5 Firmware version 3.0.1 PID tuning

hi I have apm2.5 quad running 3.0.1 and I can not get it to fly a basic square or any mission in auto. What happens is it will suddenly drop and then I stop it by going back into stab mode. I gain more height and try again it will then fly the first way point and some times the second but comes to the third it just shoots off and I go back into stab mode. Everything else is OK. Stab mode is good Position hold is not great coz I have to correct it a lot. Loiter is good. RTL good and land is ok I guess lol.

Question is...is this due to cheap GPS (media tek) or do I need to adjust the PIDs?

Thanks again guys for any help received!!! :-)

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Have fixed the problem by raising the APM with a old fuel tank (temp solution) and now I have got the compassmot down to 9%,which I am shocked and amazed at. Heres how I did it.

20130823_124253.jpg

• next thing to happen to my quad is I flew it for about 100 meters. landed on the ground and suddenly the elevator became the ailerons and vice versa. WHAT THE FELL?

• Similar issues reported:

http://diydrones.com/forum/topics/strange-crash-while-in-automode-w...

There was another thread somewhere about setting the waypoint heights in mission planner (maybe the waypoint prior?)

I couldn't find the thread, search function broken.

• I would agree with Ben, the compass is most likely the culprit.

Get a power module and do a compassmot, it DOES make a very real difference.

Have you also checked your vibration?

Posting a .log from a mission would give information about what is going on.

• Looks unlikely to be Barometer.
    With you saying loiter is poor is suggest running a compassmot setup. You will need a power module to get this 100% though. They're a great investment if you haven't already got one. Oh and balance the props
  • looks like the barometer has some issues.or check the height in waypoint of mission planner. just my 2p of idea

This reply was deleted.