Arducopter 2.6 on TBS Discovery

Hi all just a quick introduction to introduce myself and my quadcopter, I have a TBS discovery frame with arducopter 2.6 with externalCompass and GPS, turnigy 30a ESC's, Turnigy 1000kv motors and some nice balanced 10x5 carbon props! I have some knowledge of setting it up and so far no problems! Then flying :-( I managed to tune the fact it wobbled in-controllable by using the setup guide, but my quad is too responsive, will not hover in one place even after trying many things, I am at my end! The big question is I have it set to x frame on mission planner and have notice a third option that looks like my frame, will this make any difference I really am lost now, hopefully I have bored everyone and someone may have some pointers for me, many thanks

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hi, 

The other frame option (I think its called V - Sorry not in MP now so can't be sure) is more suited to any frame that is not either a '+', 'x' or Hex/Oct.

It was designed with these frames in mind, and has a slightly different tuning to allow for the odd placing of the motors. 

The TBS frame fits this category nicely.

• Hi my rate in mission planner is 0.828 so what should the d be?? The quad seems really responsive could do with it being slowed to react to avoid hopefully crashes, it that stabilze p and d settings sorry to be bit vague just a newbie lol
  • T3
    It might help if you post a log. Normally to reduce aggressiveness when I switch from a 3S to 4S battery I reduce P on roll and pitch. I also maintain a 2 to 1 with regards to P and D. So if P is 7 then D is 3.5. Hope this helps. Have fun and fly safe.
This reply was deleted.