Battery power module 6s?

Hi I'm new here
  I'm building a octocóptero I need this lift enough weight then I'm getting engines running at 6s 22.2 v battery with drive 2800 grams per axis, but I encounter a problem, the power module only supports 4s Battery 14.8 v with this the push each moto drastically low.
You could put no power module but not know if I'm about to run out of battery and you could end up in a terrible accident.
because of that the power module is imperative.
Can anyone give me an idea of what to do in this case?
Thanks in advance.

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• MR60

"drive 2800 grams per axis" ... the ship needs to carry 2800 x 8 grams or half that so you have extra for flight control?

http://diydrones.com/profiles/blogs/how-to-guide-pixhawk-with-6s-ba...

• It could be a coaxial octocopter of course so per axis (which was what the op said) so auw of 5.6kg for 50% hover.
    • So he needs a bird weighing 11. 2kg to manage with all that thrust. That is some size of copter! Even carrying a Red epic camera I can't imagine it being this much weight! Maybe it's for the beer lifting challenge :-)
    • It's for a project that we are doing and need to raise at least 5 kilograms as minimum as payload

• MR60

so figure as follows if well built. this can be easily handled by a quad and save you $$$.

- 5.0 kg payload

-   .3 kg ship frame (carbon tube) 

-   .1 kg electronics (PIxhawk w/ trimmings)

-   .6 kg rotor (motor, props)

-   .4 kg battery

6.4 kg AUW or 1,6 kg per rotor for max lift. easy as there are many mid-range size motors that can lift 2 kg (8 kg total) on 4S to 6S.

for controlled flight for a safe/controlled payload (hovers at half throttle) of 2.6 kg. if need to have controlled flight (versus just a demonstration of lift) of 5kg then you might have to go to 6S.

• you got the wrong version get the high power one or your plane will crash one day

• Go here:  http://www.mauch-electronic.com/

• Best way is to power 5V via good quality BEC to the controller.

The Battery Voltage measurement can be done this way, and look this link.

Here can see some modules.

Alternatively if using Remote Control Radio with telemetry, like Taranis, can use a battery sensor module, and get battery reading and announcements like "low battery" and "battery critical" direct from the radio.

• I agree, the 180A AttoPilot and seperate 5v BEC is the way to go for high powered copters.

• Developer

Maybe the Mauch power module would work?

This reply was deleted.