Manually Calibrated ESC's, Motor's won't run

Hey All,
Just received my fully built and supposedly tested, Arducopter.
    I'm a seasoned RC flyer, Uploaded 2.9.1 Quad firmware,  I've set up the drone in the Mission planner, Radio calibration is correct, (Futaba 9CAP with R6008Rx), Mode is in "Stabilize", (even the GPS shows my location), Throttle is proper direction,, and, I've poured over all the docs and troubleshooting guides online to know avail. 

When I power up with a LiPo, I hear the 3 note musical tone up, then it beeps 3 times for the number of cells, then, the ESC's beep continuously, and the motors pulse but don't turn, beeping continues until I unplug the LiPo.
I've checked throttle reverse, throttle trim.
I've tried the troubleshooting item by powering up the APM first, then connecting the lipo, but, it's the same issue.

There is one thing, I can't find the setup in the picture above: Inline image 1 
There's no 'four-wire cable' and the on my APM outputs don't have that many pins. I'm guessing this is a pic of an older APM?

Need some help on this!
Thanks,
DS

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• Hi David, may sound silly but when troubleshooting why not... i had an issue with my futaba in which arming was reversed despite my controls being the proper direction through setup... check your lights for arming and try both directions. You never know!

Good luck.

• Hi David,

I had a similar issue with my custom quad using APM2. Tried everything to initialise the motors through APM. Individual calibration worked like a charm, but nothing though APM2. Then I realised that I did not calibrate my radio through the setup process. I calibrated my radio through the mission planner and all sorted. Seems you loose the calibration when you erase the eeprom(arducopter radio calibration - not the ESC calibration)

Hope this helps.

Antonie

• I did not see in your setup description that you ran the ESC calibration?

If not, if memory serves, remove props, full throttle, connect battery, then disconnect battery leaving radio throttle full, reconnect battery, should hear the two beeps, drop throttle to zero, 2 beeps, then your musical tones.  Move throttle above zero and the motors should spin.  Did you do this?

P.S. If you already haven't done so, you may need the AdruPPM v2.3.13 firmware for your Futaba receiver to operate properly.

This reply was deleted.