After near tree months I recived happy the Lidar Lite V2, but now I have a concern because, apparently is discontinued?

something wrong with this thing?

It's a risk to put on my quad? :(

Answer I recived: Lidar was purchased from Garmin, so It's going to re-appear under Garmin name.

Now is in the market Lightware, developing altimeters for Ardu pilot and helping rangefinders users in this forum ( http://www.lightware.co.za/shop/en/4-drone-altimeters. )

I changed the title because this post discussion content look's usefull for other rangefinders too.

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

    • @ David,

       

      According to Craig Elder's DEV call, Terrain following is being worked up on version Copter 3.4.

    • I had a look at the arducopter github page, and there is a pull request in there (from Randy) for terrain following using software (the terrain tile method).

      There is also a pull request from someone else that provides I2C support for lightware laser rangefinders.

      I do not see code that can use the rangefinders (sonarrange) in Auto missions.

      We run 3.3.3 on 2 quads. One has a lidar lite 2 and the other a lightware SF10c. They both work in loiter and alt hold, but not in auto missions. Thus terrain following using cm accurate lasers is not available in arducopter yet. This feature would be very useful for surveyors and agricultural surveys.

    • Correction. Terrain following using rangefinders is in 3.4rc1

      @Laser Developer - any news on if you will be supporting first and last returns?

      First returns being tree top following, and last returns being terrain following. 

    • We've run some preliminary tests but don't have a firm date for incorporating the firmware yet. The addition of a different signal analysis algorithm means that we will need to do run lots of verification tests and these take a long time. Because of this, the project will only be scheduled officially when there is a suitable gap in the development program. So much to do ...

    • @Doug, thanks.  I hope they have time to include it for 3.4.

    • My bad.  I used the wrong URL. Try this one.

    • I've asked our dev to look into Guided mode for you.

    • Thanks @LaserDev.  My students and I write software to control our MAVs.  We almost never fly manually so Guided mode support is important.  Ultimately, what we want to do is incorporate two Lidar units -- one for altitude and the other facing forward for obstacle detection.

    • That's an interesting configuration. How do you decide which way to go if an obstacle is detected in the forward direction?

    • That's a good question.  We're still working on that part. :-)

This reply was deleted.